Paul Nichols Speed Run 8-18 w/ action pics!!!

SNUFFY

I talked to Paul today and he is planning his run for next Tuesday the 25th....barring unexpected lock /weather problems. </p>

Still trying to find a way to track him. I saw a ZOOMBAK device in BPS that might work. Anybody ever use one or one of those things that tracks Hunters out in the remote areas??</p>

striperchase

RE: Paul Nichols Speed Run

Is there any time frame or expected times at what dams? Gonna try to go to Watts Bar and sit down from the locks and watch him come up then go back to fishing. Good luck. emoThumbsup emoToast

SNUFFY

Re: Paul Nichols Speed Run

21' BULLET 300XS MERC Time is hard to determine....trying to figure out how to track him real time! </p>

Leaving Ohio River early as possible I would imagine.</p>

polo-dog

Try Google Latitude. I think it may track his cell phone for you.

on fish

Those spot locaters like survivor man uses will track him via satelite and they aren't much. Best of luck to Paul.

SNUFFY

I`ve not heard of the G-Latitude but I`ll check it out...thanks Mark. Good to hear from you !
The ZoomBak thing I mentioned above is kinda like the hunter thing...more disposed for vehicles maybe...If they leave a prescribed area they call you or something and you can see there location on computer. May not be just exactly what he needs . Know which one Survivorman Uses Onfish

Jason F-18

Here is the device they used for the 50 day fishing trip http://www.liveviewgps.com/ It was pretty cool, you could watch them moving on a map and it would even give real time speeds, heading, coords, etc. Don't know if this could be set up in time.

SNUFFY

I called the shop today and Paul is headed west ! The guy at the shop said he was leaving out tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM Central time. He also said he didn`t know of any tracking they had set up, but that there was some talk about Mercury maybe having an offshore boat for chase or camera boat. I called Mercury Racing and was directed to a Marketing guy but only got his voicemail.

Well I was fixing to say that I never got a call back......but in the middle of this post the phone rings. Lo and Behold it was the guy from Mercury Racing. He said he knew of Paul and the run but they weren`t involved. Maybe it was the regular Mercury bunch.
If anybody is on a personal basis with Paul and maybe have a cell for him ....how bout giving a call to check about the tracking or other info.

micropterus

bass 15 might be able to help with a # or something

rodbuilder2

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAL ABOUT WHAT TIME HE MIGHT BE COMING THRU AT CFP OR HARRISON BAY LIKE TO SEE HIM COME THRU

sdfd504

He was at the Wilson Dam a little bit ago and is still on time from what I have heard.

SNUFFY

Just talked to the shop and he was at Shellmound about 20 minutes ago......about 20 minutes ahead of schedule.

AThornton

So Im guessing he just passed Sullivans and will be in the Riverpark in 15 min or so...

Solo

Paul came through downtown at 4:03pm.

Best I could get on my cell! Coming.....

Nichols_SpeedRun_20090825.jpg

Going...
Nichols_SpeedRun_20090825_2.jpg