Gas guage quit working on my 20XD Bullet Help please

dirt32track32

After hitting a big wave my gas guage quit working. I checked the wiring anf it appears to be ok. What all is involved in replacing the assembly in the gas tank and if anyone knows how much is a new one or where to buy one at. Any advise is appreciated.
It's a 95 mdl. emoScratch

buzz

Sportsman Marine on Bonny Oaks...did a complete rewire on my boat.....including gauges, etc. Check with them.

BulletTJ

Not a big deal to fix it. Check it out first. Disconnect the battery first. Then remove the wired on the top of the sending unit on the drivers side top of the tank.
Take a pic first so you can refer back to it later. Remove the screws and pull the assembly out. Cover the hole in the top of the gas tank. The float may have just bounced out of the holes it sets in. If that isn't it call Tom Presley at Bullet Boats. The number is 865-577-7055. Tom can help with more troubleshooting ideas and you wont beat their price on a replacement part and it will be set for your tank when you get it. Hope this helps.

rodbuilder2

First all you need to do is take the wire loose from the center stud on sending unit turn your switch on and ground the wire if the gauge goes to full the sending unit is either stuck or gone bad if the gauge does not move then the gauge is bad or a wire has come off under the dash. DO NOT HOOK UP POWER TO THE WIRE GOING TO THE SENDING UNIT it works off Ground. Hope this Helps

dirt32track32

Well it looks like the float is stuck or the sending unit is bad. Took the center wire off and grounded it ant the guage went to full.