Rewiring with EZAcDc

VolsFan24

I need to rewire my boat at some point because some of the connectors have corroded and I dont like some of the splices the previous owner did. I found a website called EZAcDc. They have an aparently all snap together wiring harness system and looks pretty convenient. Comes with "fuse box" and everything. Has anyone ever used any of their products? How is it?

VolsFan24

Nobody's used it? What would someone recommend for rewiring harnesses for the dash and pumps.

SNUFFY

Hard to beat solder.....at least every thing that`s sorta permanent.. The snap together connectors....there`s a bunch of different brands.. study them pretty good before you choose and stay with one type. New stuff that I haven`t dealt with is probably out there that may be pretty good stuff.
The one thing I`ve practiced for years is on a metal to metal connector is to use a tiny amount of copper based anti sieze called C5-A ( Ground up copper in a grease base )...permatex brand I believe, to coat the connection. I use it on everything from battery posts to blade connectors. I don't use it on engine type multi pin plugs ( I learned the hard way)....can cross jump to the other pins and those connectors usually don`t cause trouble anyway.
The c5-a can be a little messy but it just takes a tiny tiny amount to keep the air and moisture out that causes most connection problems on boat stuff. The copper helps conduction of current. They also make a graphite based antisieze that works too but I prefer the copper based( color tells you which kind you have). Just make sure to wipe the excess of real good.