Beretta questions

Hank's Dad

I'm all about supporting the home team so I'm thinking a Beretta is in my future. Handgun choices should be easy. However does anyone have any wisdom on 12 gauge semis for hunting? Dove and or other birds?

calveryc

I had one and it jammed all the time. It was sent back to beretta 3 times and it still would happen often. I finally sold it and bought a remington versamax.

calveryc

I agree. I loved my 1187 premiere it was beautiful and never jammed. The versa is just better for duck hunting, if you're just using it for dove and skeet I would look on gun trader for a 1187 premier.

Old School

I have a 3901 and it is by far the best semi that I have ever owned. I have shot it so much at times on pheasant and dove hunts that the barrel was to hot to hold onto and never had a minutes trouble with it. Not knocking the others because I own several more that are good guns, but the big difference for me is that I can shoot 4 boxes to a case of shells hunting or sporting clays and not be beat up at all, lightest recoiling shotgun that I have ever owned. Just my 2 cents.

calveryc

Mine was an extrema and it was awful, they have a common issues with cycling incorrectly due to the gas system. I can't speak to any of their other shotguns, they are really good looking guns that is for sure. Old school is correct that they are very light recoiling, mine shooting 3.5" magnums felt like a 20 gauge pump shotgun.

jellyworm

I have a 390 12 ga and a 390 20ga. Both have been shot alot and have operated flawlessly. The 12ga I use as a duck gun and it gets pretty nasty at times but never has failed.