Some Chattanooga History with BASS

elwestb

Good article! Thank you! I remember Harold and Glynn both from the Chattanooga Bass Club circa 1974.

slick

I remember going to meeting at the bank. I don't remember if I was in the original 19 or not. I recall being one of the early members. We were the first to hold tx locally. I hold some fond memories of those early days in CBC. "SLICK"

djsmarinelectronics

Awesome story! I never had a clue of Chattanooga's role in BASS

saltyduck

Thanks for sharing Carl. I really enjoyed reading this article. So is this the club that eventually turned into the CBA?

Fuzzy

Gives you a good idea what BASS was/is about. Being a transplanted Yankee, never knew the Tennessee River was that polluted. Good to see the same folks who cleaned up the Hudson in my hometown was an inspiration for BASS on the Tennessee river system. Both are great fisheries now.

digitalcb

Fuzzy - 8/1/2014 8:46 AM ...never knew the Tennessee River was that polluted.
</p>

A condom with almost every cast is what we expected/got fishing Hales Bar Lake below Moccasin Bend when I was growing up</p>

Later we used to drive by the dye houses to see what color the creeks were running. They dumped the dye vats directly into nearby drainage and the creeks would run red or blue or green or yellow or....</p>

Sometimes South Chickamauga Creek would be a river of foam.</p>

Environmentalism has taken the fun out of fishing emoAngel
</p>

</p>

</p>

VolsFan24

Cool article. I cant imagine how bad the waters would be had the EPA not been formed til late 90s.