FYI

drumking

Most of you know that I injured my back on July 1st. I ended up in the emergency room about 11 days later, unable to walk for the pain. They gave me some happy drugs, and I rather quickly got out of the pain stage. Had an MRI last week and I go to the Doctor tomorrow to get the results.

I have been getting much better as I have been walking as much as I could stand. Made it 30 minutes today. Anyhow, some of you have inquired about me not posting fishing reports and it is because I haven't been fishing since I took Ricky the first week of July. But, I am going to find out tomorrow what my restrictions are and the results of the MRI. I believe that I will be cleared to fish. I'm really going to insist that I can. I believe that I may get back to abnormal with conservative treatment. You know what that means. But, if the numbness in my left knee and lower leg doesn't get any better soon, then I may have to get it fixed.

I want to give Tenncrappie and Sailfish1 a great big thank you for all that you have done for me. They have mowed my lawn, both front and back and have run a weed eater. They won't let me do anything. I am so grateful to have great friends on the forum. You guys are awesome. Cuonthelake has called or texted me every day and has been a great source of encouragement. Thank you , Candi. Others have offered to help me and I want to thank you too. I am gaining strength in the left leg, but it isn't anywhere near normal yet.

I'll be back out on the lake with a new boat sometime soon and the fish had better hide. I'm coming after the Mommas and the Poppas and all their children. They just better come out with their fins up. emoBigsmile emoGeezer

EricM

Hope you are cleared soon, my friend!!! emoAngel emoAngler

slick

Nice to see you posting again. hope you get a good report. I've found out you have to be tough to be old. wishing you the best. "slick"

Creek Chub

Just make up some bulloney reports! Or rerun the ones from years past! We need some reports. Just make it up! JMax does....

tp44

DK, hope you get some good news tomorrow and looking forward to seeing you back on the water. BTY, new boat or fixed?

spnplgr

Getting old ain't any fun - I know from experience. The best advice I can give you is to just hang in there and don't give up. I have also found it helps to intentionally slow down in all your activities - it helps by avoiding injuries from being in a hurry.

If there is anything I can do for you, just let me know. I'll be glad to lend a hand.

BassERT

We are still keeping you in our prayers.
I know you will recover and get back to doing what you love soon.
the fish are waiting for your "palsy twitch"

elwestb

I didn't know that. Sorry to hear about it, but hurry up DK!

drumking

FYI update

I have been cleared to resume fishing. Since my boat has been sent back to the factory for repair, I will be calling on some of you for a fishing fix until my new boat gets back. Tenncrappie has already called dibs, but after that, I'm open to fish with someone. emoBigsmile emoGeezer