CFF Tx. Trail 2015 Start plannig now!

elwestb

I know that there have been several people asking and making commits about wanting to fish the CFF Trail for 2015. Several are looking for other fisherman to pair and partner up with for the year. Fellows, start now! Don't be shy! Post information that you are looking for a partner. Post how and what you like to fish and general information about yourself. Work on getting your post counts up. You need 150 post on this forum combined, between the two you, to qualify for the Tx. trail. That's all! 75 post each. Don't wait until late Jan. or even Feb. like so many do and then try to start. The CFF is a low entry fee Tx. trail that is more about the fun, camaraderie, and friendly competition than money. Then there is a lot to be said about the BS and bragging rights too! Plan now, join in. You will have fun and also learn a lot!

elwestb

That hasn't been discussed yet for the 2015 Trail.

dd22fish

LETS KEEP THE TX. CLOSE THIS YEAR, CHESTER FROST PARK ,HB.S PARK, MAYBE RIVER PARK, MAYBE EVEN DAYTON ,THIS YEAR. DD22FISH

Carl

2011 Opening Tournament in Feb Guntersville 37 Boats
2012 Opening Tournament in Feb Guntersville 30 Boats
2013 Opening Tournament in Feb Nickajack 19 Boats
2014 Opening Tournament in Feb Nickajack 17 Boats

Obviously no one liked going to Guntersville.

derek81

Guys I know some of you prefer to stay close but there are also a lot of us that enjoy the Guntersville tournaments. We dropped them for 2 years to accommodate this that didn't like them, why not make it fair and bring them back for a year. Those that do not fish them can use their drops for the year

dragfish

That's an interesting point Carl! And I did miss it when the Chattanooga crowd pretty much whined until Gunny was removed.
But look at the overall drop in attendance this past year (myself included for family reasons) I remember a Chester Frost tx with somewhere in the 56 boat range 3 or 4 yrs ago.
I'm curious why the decline all year last year.
I figured when I dropped out the attendence would have gone up! emoBigsmile

The tournys are always fun and if my Grandaughter ever gets out of these life-consuming softball tournys I'll jump back in, I had a great seat with Earl, but had to give it up.
Where's everyone else? Six boats in the Classic??

Treed1

I'm with DD22FISH on this keep them close. The added expenses of going to Guntersville will keep people from going. You can't look at how many fished them 3 and 4 years ago attendance has dropped on every tournament if you go back and check. I for one will not pay $50 to fish in Alabama 1 or 2 times when we have just as big and just as many fish in Chickamauga. Chesterfrost HBSP Riverpark Holy circle Dayton

Oldman

you cant go to the big G and call it a low budget tx.figure your cost to do it.say going down there twice for practice +the day or( days)of tx.50 bucks for licence and gas down there and back several times.just don't add up as low budget to me.that is my three cents about it.

fischnrod

Here you go =
2 @ Soddy creek
2 @ Opossum creek
2 @ Sale creek
2 @ Richland creek
2 @ Chester Frost park
2 @ Wolftever

The river is off limits you must fish the creek the tx is being held out of so I can stand on the banks and cheer everybody on

How's that for low budget and close to home emoLaugh emoFish emoUSA

I forgot to add the classic which would be

Day 1=North Chickamauga creek out of Riverpark

Day 2 South Chickamauga creek out of Riverpark emoGeezer

Blue76

I want to fish the CFF next year as well. Probably will not be able to make all of them due to my kid playing ball in college but I will fish as many as I can. I am ok with a guntersville. I like fishing out of grasshopper every now and then as well. I wouldn't mind one at parksville or even Carters lake for a change.

Strato-G

Blue76 - 11/24/2014 5:29 PM

I want to fish the CFF next year as well. Probably will not be able to make all of them due to my kid playing ball in college but I will fish as many as I can. I am ok with a guntersville. I like fishing out of grasshopper every now and then as well. I wouldn't mind one at parksville or even Carters lake for a change.

Parksville requires permits & insurance policy for group tournaments....If u wanna fish Parksville tourney, there is 1 group there, Tuesday evenings...April thru Sept............... emoGeezer emoUSA

elwestb

Parksville requires permits & insurance policy for group tournaments....If u wanna fish Parksville tourney, there is 1 group there, Tuesday evenings...April thru Sept............... emoGeezer emoUSA[/QUOTE]

... and it's illegal there to hand out a cash prize there at the site or ramp for the Tx. It's illegal to pay cash to a guide there. State Park!