Cabelas in Ft. Oglethorpe

Randall53

I don't get out that way much, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows how long until Cabelas will be open? Also, has their been any progress with the Bass Pro Shop?

kennethlee

Im not a 100% sure but I think its early April, that's what I have heard. Don't quote me on that. The spot where bps is going is basically a swamp and there having to raise the ground up 10 foot. I have heard it will be next April or May. cant wait.

Gator

Spring of 2015 is all I've seen.

rangerjim

FWIW, was over by the Cabelas in Huntsville AL the other day and there is a sign that says opening summer of 2015. Be nice to have something better than Gander Mt or Dicks Sporting Goods in North Alabama

poolecw

I was getting gas at Costco last week and was trying to check out the Cabelas. It looks to me that they are doing a lot of work inside. The outside of the building looks complete.

foodsaver

Eli better be smart because his college fund has been reallocated

VolsFan24

I drive by it every morning from I-75 and I haven't seen any work on the outside being done in the last couple weeks. They put the Cabelas sign out front and that was the last thing I saw being done on the outside. So they have been working on the inside for a little bit. I'm more anxious for BPS but I have over $200 in Cabelas gift cards and want to shop in person.

rsimms

I spoke to a Cabelas PR person earlier this week (I'm working on an article for Chattanooga Magazine). The PR person said they have not set an "official" opening date yet. He did say they expect to do that "within a few weeks and we'll be sending out a news release."

eirwin

According to Google they moved the grand opening up from summer to spring. I hope it is soon. I spoke with the regional boat sales director of BPS at the boat show not too long ago and he said they keep changing the foundation requirements on them. I think if I were them I would have tried to by out the flea market across the street. By now it would have probably cost them about the same amount of money without all the headache of being a flood zone.

Blue76

That must be why I saw about 50 vans from a cleaning service in the parking lot yesterday evening. Looked like an army...

elwestb

Supposed to open on Friday May 1st.