Ocoee Lake

poolecw

I've been by Ocoee lake several times and have always wondered if there were any fishing on it. I hardly ever see a boat on it. Have any of you guys fished it? If I recall, the upper end must be fairly shallow as I have seen it look like mud flats out there. The navionics website doesn't show any contours for it.

craazyboutbass

Most call it Parksville lake. It's been a healthy fishery for the past few years now. Used to not be so great with Copperhill Industries operating up stream. The mud flat you see on the upper end is silt, which is filled with metals from the mining up river. The water has become a lot cleaner over the past decade due to successful clean up operations in Copperhill. It's mostly a spotted bass fishery and fishes similar to many North Georgia lakes.

derek81

SpurHunter - 3/5/2015 4:23 PM

Not the dead sea, but it will humble you on a bad day, make you fall in love on a good day. Shes fickle to say the least. Spend some time over there and you will figure out how to catch fish most days.

This is a great description of that Lake. I've went there and had a banner day for spots, gone back the next day and zeroed. Beautiful scenery and great place to go camping though.