Fishing With A Soldier ** re-scheduled to Sunday April 26th**

Strato-G

Moderators, I know this is not correct place but we need a few more boats for April 25 at Grasshopper for Fishing With A Soldier. emoScratch A couple have dropped out and we now have more co anglers than boats emoPlease we need a bit o help.

We have a full day planned, fishing, lunch, prizes, may have some SURPISES, (who knows)....anyway would appreciate ur assistance.

emoAngler Come on out, meet some new folks & share some history.

Thanks Moderators for leaving this message so to get a bit more info out in search of a little help. There is no fees unless one wants to get into pot. Ramp fee is covered & free food & beverage later......

emoUpsmile emoGeezer emoGeezer emoUSA emoUSA

Re: Fishing With A Soldier

I look forward to this. It's gonna be an honor to spend a day with these guys. Surely more will find time to volunteer.

ratman

RE: Fishing With A Soldier

I would love to provide a ride for one of our soldiers. I don't know about putting them on fish but I'll be glad to try.

Gator

Come on guys. Sign up to be a boater. I don't even know where the ramp is but signed up.

Strato-G

Grasshopper Ramp & Campground in Georgetown tn off hwy 60, gonna blast off near 8AM lets go & have some fun...... emoGeezer emoUSA

Gator

Thanks for the directions.

Strato-G

Time is here....This Saturday @ Grasshopper Campground & Ramp....... emoGeezer emoUSA

I would love to help my fellow soldier's just let me know the details.

Good evening everyone,

Hope you all are doing well and are nice and dry after the rain we just had. Looks like its going to be a wet one Saturday. Please do not let that deter you from coming, as we need everyone we can get to make this event successful.

As of right now, we have 46 Volunteer Boaters and 46 Soldier fishermen. This wouldn't have happened without your support and commitment to this event, so thank you!

We will have Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Starbucks coffee the morning of. The doughnuts will be there before the coffee though, so please be patient.

The afternoon lunch is for Volunteer Boaters and Soldier Fishermen only as supply is limited. After all, this is for them!

Boaters, please have enough life jackets and tackle on board to provide to the soldier fishing with you. The Auxiliary Coast Guard will be there as well doing 2015 boat safety checks around 3 p.m. You do not have to do this, but it is a plus if you want to. Some of the things they look for while doing the safety inspection are: registration, life jackets, throw cushion, horn, signal device (ie; a red shirt to wave), anchor, etc.....

Registration time is at 6:15 a.m. and blast off will be around 7:30-8:00 after the national anthem is played. Tournament bags will be provided to you complimentary of Catch Ministries. They will also be doing the weigh-in for us.

The actual address to Grasshopper Creek Recreation Area is as follows:

4728 Parker Loop Road
Birchwood, TN
(423) 961-2055

If you need anything at all, or would like more information for anything at all, please call me directly at 423-946-3561.

AND DONT FORGET RAIN GEAR!

Thank you,

Chase Estep

Blue76

I have rain gear but I don't have rain gear for a co angler. I hope the soldier with me has his own.

SethColeman

Been looking forward to this event for years. For Soldiers who weren't afraid to put their lives on the line for me......I'm damn sure not gonna let the chance of rain scare me! See everyone Saturday!

Blue76

I ain't skeered of the rain. Fished all last Thursday in the rain. I think the boat is still wet.

Doesn't look very good. Rain is one thing, lightning and thunderstorms are another. Any chance this will be rescheduled?

We are keeping a very very close eye on the weather and will have a better outlook on what it is supposed to do tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated if it is rescheduled. If we do, it will be held on Sunday. Please get the word out to everyone and watch this thread and www.fishingwithasoldier.com for updates. If anyone has a question, please call or text me at 423 946 3561.

Chase

Mr. S

Definitely going to need a rain suit, in the morning anyway.

Mr. S

I passed this event around in a company email. If anything, hope it will increase participation for next years event.