Tips for tellico

Bullet89

Heading to tellico tomorrow to fish only fished there once before and it was a long time ago. Any tips on some places to try out I've been researching and bald river falls has been mentioned regularly, also will be fly fishing primarily (will bring spinning rod with me also) any suggestions on flies that may be productive this time of year? Thanks for the help!

swamp

Hey bullet,You better check the regs for tellico river.It's closed a couple of days a week for stocking and I'm not sure what days. Bald river and north river are not stocked and you can fish them year round.

Bullet89

Dang I sure am glad you said that. Just checked and they are closed on Thursday and Fridays

Merdock

I have fished tellico for years. Not too much with fly rod Mainly spinning rod. With spinning rod all u need is a #6 gold hook an a can of corn. Or Panther Martin spinners work well also. Any where from north river rd upstream was good for me. Flys that I have used were the tellico nymphs or like a yellow stimulator mainly.

digitalcb

#2 Hildebrandt Spinner with a Tellico Nymph has worked for me for 40 years.

Joker

i have good luck with , woolly boogers , parachute Adam's and prince nymphs .

buzz

I always had luck with panther martins. The yellow w/ red dots, or black w/yellow dots. Having fished the Tellico for years and years....I have reached the Golden Age, to set at the Pond with the liars club, and just wait on a bite. emoLaugh Got to old to hop the rocks anymore.