Finding weeds on Watts Bar or Chick

richg99

Looks like I have a chance to run to either WB or Chick tommorrow. Never have done any "punching" nor have I used my frogs much since arriving in TN in early Summer.

Can anyone point me to any weeds near either Spring City or Dayton?

Or if not there, any other launches that would bring me close. I am running a small 1648 tinny, so I don't wish to cross any big water.

I'll be fishing 9 a.m. Eastern time, through noon or so. I know those are not good times to be fishing but they are what I have available.

thanks richg99

fishinvol

In Dayton, just launch your boat and start trolling. Richland Creek has tons of weeds. Not sure if the punching or frog bite is any good up there yet, but it has weeds.

richg99

Well, I found the weeds! Ha Ha....Bet some of you had a good laugh. Both shorelines of the Chick out of Dayton are covered with tons and tons of weeds. Too thick to punch with my gear. No action with the frog, as some of you suggested. Fished between 11:30 Eastern time to about 2:00 Eastern.

Nothing at all at first , except for a ten or 11 inch bass on a worm. If he hadn't splashed the surface and attracted me, I might have missed him.

Suddenly, the current started moving quickly around 1:00 p.m. Eastern. Caught three bass (biggest maybe 14 inches) and missed three more . All on a white spinner bait, worked along the weed edges.

Thanks for all of the help. Hope to get out there again one of these days. It's about an hour's drive from my place. richg99