Shakey head fishing.

Aries 181

Strato-G

RE: Shakey head fishing........................

1/4 oz & #4 hook....need hook big enough to penetrate after pulling thru plastics....... emoGeezer emoUSA

Bassman101

Re: Shakey head fishing........................

Honestly Aries, the spot remover shaky heads are the best on the market in my opinion and have not tried the SK finesse worms myself, but the zoom trick worms in watermelon red flake works like magic for me. hope this can help You!

bassman101

Bassman101

spot remover 3/16 or 1/4 work best. fishing deep, would go with a 3/8 or 1/2

bassman101

richg99

Earlier this year I wanted to learn shaky heading. Took guide Chris Hight out for an evening. Learned a lot and caught a bunch of bass. Nothing big, but I think I know how to do it now. richg99

https://www.facebook.com/chight2

Mr. S

Just from experience with Spot Remover jig heads, they have 2 models. One just has a barb molded into the jig head itself, not a fan of that one. They do make a Pro model that has a screw lock molded into the head, much improved. Hamilton's Sport shop, as I"m sure others do, have some shakey jig heads made by them I'm assuming and in various sizes. I always liked mushroom type heads with a floating finesse worm, they stand off the bottom better in a vertical presentation. My $0.02

Aries 181

Strato-G - 7/24/2016 5:51 PM

1/4 oz & #4 hook....need hook big enough to penetrate after pulling thru plastics....... emoGeezer emoUSA
I believe a 2/0 hook is bigger than a #4. Then again, I could be wrong.

Bill

Gator

I like the ones with springs built into the head so you can screw the worm onto it. Hamiltons has some nice ones and they have wide gap hooks too. I like zoom trick and zoom magnum trick in green pumpkin the best but often use other colors too.

offshore

Magnum spot removers in 1/4 for the grass. 3/8 and 1/2 oz for fishing deep. The magnums have a much bigger hook than the pro models

porthos33

Get the one that you can screw your head into and you can use any soft plastic under the sun. They all work. Honestly color has never made much difference to me. The only thing that matters is confidence in catching bass. Its basically the same as working a Texas rig.

TNTall

The best priced heads I've seen are the Big Bite heads that Academy sells. They seem to work well for me, but they do not have as much of a flat bottom as the spot removers. I should probably study which one actually makes a better action, but I wouldn't think there would be much difference. Zoom finesse worms work well too.

jason

Check out the X-Lock by Xcite Baits. It has a wide gap vs. the straight shank on many competitors.
xcitebaits.com/x-lock/#PhotoSwipe1469457490165

jsb

Here's my 2 cents worth. I do fish a shakey head a fair amount. This is not saying i'm any better than anyone else. I would say that probably 85% of the fish that I have caught in the last 5 or more years have come on a shakey head.

I buy the Shakey Head brand. I use a 1/8 oz.most of the time. If I am fishing deep or it is real windy I go to 3/16 or a 1/4 oz. I normally throw a Zoom Ultra Vibe worm. These have a round plsin headwith a 60º eye and 3/0 extra long hook.This seems to work great for me. My personal best 8lb 13oz and my new pb caught in March 10lb 7oz all came on this set up.

Aries 181

jsb - 7/25/2016 6:55 PM

Here's my 2 cents worth. I do fish a shakey head a fair amount. This is not saying i'm any better than anyone else. I would say that probably 85% of the fish that I have caught in the last 5 or more years have come on a shakey head.

I buy the Shakey Head brand. I use a 1/8 oz.most of the time. If I am fishing deep or it is real windy I go to 3/16 or a 1/4 oz. I normally throw a Zoom Ultra Vibe worm. These have a round plsin headwith a 60º eye and 3/0 extra long hook.This seems to work great for me. My personal best 8lb 13oz and my new pb caught in March 10lb 7oz all came on this set up.
Well John, maybe you can show me some time when the weather cools down, like October. Until then, night fishing only for me.

Bill

jbone1380

I love the Strike king pro model 3/16 oz shakeys, however you only get like 3 in a pack for basically 5 bucks after tax. Since I throw shakey probably 95% of the time, I do tend to lose a lot of them, and 5 bucks every third hangup and break gets kind of pricey. The Warheads brand that you can get at walmart are a good alternative. 3 and some change for a 5 pack. Downside is the bait keeper barb is on the small size, but other than that they work very well.

Strato-G

jbone1380 - 7/27/2016 6:54 PM

I love the Strike king pro model 3/16 oz shakeys, however you only get like 3 in a pack for basically 5 bucks after tax. Since I throw shakey probably 95% of the time, I do tend to lose a lot of them, and 5 bucks every third hangup and break gets kind of pricey. The Warheads brand that you can get at walmart are a good alternative. 3 and some change for a 5 pack. Downside is the bait keeper barb is on the small size, but other than that they work very well.

Snickers & chicken grease helps on the worms.... emoBigsmile emoGeezer emoUSA

bronzeback45

Don't throw shakey heads! They do not produce! emoBigsmile

richg99

Can you use shake heads when the bottom has small (6 inch) weeds? richg99

richg99

Can you use shake heads when the bottom has small (6 inch) weeds? richg99