What lake would you fish.

jsb

What lake would you fish and why if you could go anywhere in the eastern part of the country?

Pointer 78

Boy, you must be bored John. Would've said Fork or Table Rock if anywhere else in the country. Hmmmmm...... maybe Erie for smallmouth?

Hook1

I'd actually like to go to upstate New York and re- visit Owasco lake. Fished there in the summers as a kid and caught tons of nice smallmouth, largemouth and rock bass. Yellow perch, lake trout and even northern pike. I'd like to go back with good electronics and see what I could find in there. Many great memories!

Strato-G

Since u ask......I suppose I gotta say Okeechobee since I will be leaving for the big O bout the 19 for the Costa....However I am always up for the nearest body of water wherever my wandering vehicle takes me. I was visiting Cordell, Ga area last week & Lake Blackshear really looked good. This is headwaters for the Flint river dumping into Seminole.

My ole pickup truck sure has some cool ideas, sometimes it just knows where to turn. So, any where, anytime, with,,,,just woke up, thought I was hooked up....lets go emoGeezer emoUSA

jsb

To answer you pointer (Jerry) being bored is a understatement . Haven't been off the hill in 3 days.Hopefully that will change on Thursday or Friday and we will be back on the water.
One thing I want to add to my post is if you was going the first part of March and to include like from Texas, Oklahoma east.

Pointer 78

Then I choose Table Rock.

stuckinthetrees

Definitely Hartwell.... but the best place ive been to date is Bon Secour river in Bon Secour, Alabama. That place is awesome! I went on a weekly basis before I moved here. I would love to go back down there for a few days and catch some more of those big bass piled up in that place.

inthebox30lbs

Hook1 - 1/10/2017 4:28 PM

I'd actually like to go to upstate New York and re- visit Owasco lake. Fished there in the summers as a kid and caught tons of nice smallmouth, largemouth and rock bass. Yellow perch, lake trout and even northern pike. I'd like to go back with good electronics and see what I could find in there. Many great memories!

I agree, I lived on owasco lake for 2 years. Still have have friends on the lake. The smallmouth in Nov. and December was un real.

FishingwithRusty

that time of year, Seminole, Toledo bend and it pains me to say Santee(it s dangerous place but its putting out STUDS!). earlier in the year I would say Falcon(since you opened it up to include Texas) otherwise I would've stuck with Seminole(this lake is on the upswing). after memorial day.......champlain!

Jmax

SHane - 1/10/2017 5:37 PM

Has to be the Big O. I would start there.

I would agree! While we are day dreaming I will also add that I would like to have Scott Martin with me so I have a ringer of that lake to show me around. emoBigsmile

TR20bh

Brent & I went to E. TX a few years ago to fish Fork the last week of Feb. After a few days of good, but not great fishing there, a local suggested trying Lake Monticello, a 3500 acre power plant lake in the same area. It warms quicker than Fork & the fishing there was awesome! We had 2 post front, bluebird days & caught 40+ bass each day from 2.5 to 7#. The lake has turned out fish up to 15.5#. Within 30 miles of Fork there are probably 5 other lakes that don't get the publicity that i'd loved to have tried.

porthos33

stuckinthetrees - 1/11/2017 8:05 AM toledo bend is producing some giants
</p>

Toledo is the real deal. I took out a paster a couple years ago that lived between Rayburn and Toledo and he was telling me how good it was down there. He sent me a photo last week of a kid in his youth caught this one over 10lbs on the rig. Plus hasn't it been ranked the best lake in the country the last couple years in Bassmaster?</p>

Attachments

• Toledo.jpg
    Toledo.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 185