Chester Frost Park Ramp

sdfd29

Drove by the ramp yesterday afternoon and the county road department had a track hoe in the water working on the end of the ramp. Not sure what they were doing, but they had two of the lanes blocked off. I couldn't tell if they were putting something in or just moving the fill around. They had a tandem dump truck there. Maybe they are filling in the holes at the end of the ramp.

Tight_Lines

Is it during winter levels when people are having ramp issues? or all times of the year? my wife and i have put it there for last three years but only during summer time when lake was at full pool.

chillerman69

I think every ramp is good in the summer and some have issues in winter but think it has a lot to do with loading/unloading style and trailer design. All ramps have an end and most have blowout holes, which creates a drop off for trailer wheels to get hung behind. I've never had any issues, knock on wood.

saltyduck

This is a project they have been trying to get finished for the last couple of months. They are putting a band-aid on the ramp for right now and are planning on completely re-doing it in a few months. They are filling in the holes at the end of the ramp where trailers continue to get stuck.