Making my own

bassncorey

I started making my spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, bladed jigs, flipping jigs, shaky heads and swim jig. Thought I would post a few of my creations.

Attachments

• rsz_spinnerbait.jpg
    rsz_spinnerbait.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 503
  • rsz_spinnerbaitb.jpg
    rsz_spinnerbaitb.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 499
  • rsz_spinnerbaitshad.jpg
    rsz_spinnerbaitshad.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 504
  • rsz_bladedjigblueblack.jpg
    rsz_bladedjigblueblack.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 476
  • rsz_jigbrown.jpg
    rsz_jigbrown.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 491
  • rsz_jigcraw.jpg
    rsz_jigcraw.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 491
  • rsz_punch.jpg
    rsz_punch.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 496

Mr. S

I've been thinking about the same pastime as well. Gotta have something to do when its cold and dark out.

bassncorey

I have sold a few baits. Mainly to friends, word of mouth type thing. I'm considering getting my feet wet just to see if it would be worth while. I'm not really wanting to cut into my fishing time too much though.

As far as making a bait I've never really timed it because it's just a stress reliever so to speak I usually waste several hours in the garage and I'm usually making them for myself so I will pour quite a few, then clean up and cut the excess lead off the bait then powder coat/air brush. Once it's painted I will add the eyes to the spinnerbait/buzzbaits, swim jigs, after that I put on a clear coat epoxy then let it dry over night. I then tie on the skirt material strips and add the blades.

I have a few colors I use on a regular basis and some that I come up with by looking up the species like the different stages of a crawfish, things like that I just enjoying making different color combinations etc. It's just a hobby I enjoy when I'm not on the water.

Gator

Really good looking baits.

Muskrat

Those look great and it has to be rewarding when you catch some fish on them.

Softbaitmaker

Nice looking Blade Baits and Jigs for sure. I also make my own baits but I went the other way and I hand pour Soft Plastics, Worms, Flukes and Creature baits. I started doing it because I wanted something different to fish with. That was 18 years ago and still doing it today.........LOL

Now for pics of the fish caught