Hard to believe this weekend will be an April tournament.

Jmax

This year is sure flying by. Seems only yesterday it turned 2017. The older I get the faster the years seem to go by. :( Last year we had a Riverpark tournament this weekend. This year we have a Chick tournament first and a Nick tournament second in April. For a lot of folks this year has been a big hit and miss. One day you fill the boat and the next day you can't buy a bite. Add to that the unseasonable warm weather and all this freaking pollen that is playing havoc on my sinuses and you have the makings of a bust of a tournament.

As usual someone seems to always find three bites in our CFF tournaments. That is one reason I like the format. Only takes three good bites and you could win one of these. emoAngel That team last year was Tim and Todd Smith with 12.61 lbs to win the April Chick tournament. emoWorthy The result was low and I really think this year will blow that one away. But you never know. emoTongue

Anyone want to guess on this one? I am going to guess Earl and Dink, they have been due a win and they are just too good to stay down too long. Something tells me the weights will be up so I am going with 14.58 lbs. with their best three. emoThumbsup

Anyone else want to make a guess? emoToast Jmax

elwestb

... if you had been in the boat with Dink Dink or me the past few weeks you wouldn't be saying that Jim!

fishinvol

Starting to spawn now. Will be feast or famine. Derek will be in Florida with Chase, but I'll still pick them to win. :)

derek81

Lol thanks for the boost in confidence but Chase and I will be in FL chasing green fish down there. Good luck and I am going with Jmax and James with 16lbs....he has sucked really bad lately so maybe lightning will strike this weekend! :)

flyman

i still think 15.25 will win...Good luck in FL

ChooChooSnakeMan

derek81 - 3/27/2017 3:41 AM

Lol thanks for the boost in confidence but Chase and I will be in FL chasing green fish down there. Good luck and I am going with Jmax and James with 16lbs....he has sucked really bad lately so maybe lightning will strike this weekend! :)

Well thanks for the vote Derek but I don't know about the lightning comment. Anyone who has fished with Jim in a storm knows he isn't one to run for cover so I hope we won't have any storms emoLaugh I'd like to think Jim and I would win this one, I think we are due to win one but we have struggled this year with getting any size. Since you and Chase won't be in this one I have to go with Earl's boat - they might not be in fish now but I have a feeling that they will bring 3 good ones in on Saturday. I think the weight will be up since the warm weather should have a lot of spawners up so I guess they will have 16.5lbs. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. There will be only a million bass rockets on the lake so everyone get it in your mind now ----- Be careful, Be careful, Be careful --- it is better to live to fish another day than save a few minutes making a run. And for heavens sake everyone wear your life jacket whenever the big engine is running --- I think that should be a CFF club rule but that's just my opinion. emoHeart . I kind of like everyone and would like to continue to see everyone for many years to come emoGrouphug .

Strato-G

Who wins???/ not sure but I will make a judgement alignment...here it is" My back seat is open to anyone who can state we can get 15 lbs (green fish) for the weigh in. Now , there may well be conscequences if not delivered...disclose those later... emoThanks Any takers ...pm me prior to signup deadline, provided we can find a sign up posting.... emoGeezer emoUSA

Jmax

B-TRACKER - 3/28/2017 10:14 AM

14.86lbs jmax

If that happens it will be pure luck. If yesterday was any indication of how well I will do, I will have about 7.5 lbs. emoRolleyes Yesterday I just got lucky on the one good one. Add two 2 and a halfers to my five and I would have been looking at about 10.5 lbs with my best three yesterday. It will take more then that. I did not know Chris Height was going to fish with us this weekend. :eek: Considering he is on the water about every day, I am going to change my guess to Chris with 15 and a half pounds. emoAngel Jmax

fishinvol

I just signed up to make sure if I felt like fishing I could. As tired as I am between both jobs, chances are that I'll be sleeping. :)

porthos33

Strato-G - 3/27/2017 4:06 PM Who wins???/ not sure but I will make a judgement alignment...here it is" My back seat is open to anyone who can state we can get 15 lbs (green fish) for the weigh in. Now , there may well be conscequences if not delivered...disclose those later... emoThanks Any takers ...pm me prior to signup deadline, provided we can find a sign up posting.... emoGeezer emoUSA
</p>

We could Dominate if i wasn't working!! I think I have only taken one day off in the last three weeks. Those bucks were all over beds today. I found a couple beds with males and the females were holding just off the bed. Finicky to say the least. </p>

hoop235

Is this going to be like the ole Bassmaster Classic where they don't tell us what ramp until the night before the tournament???
That way none of us can practice in that area!! LOL!!!!

Strato-G

hoop235 - 3/29/2017 1:36 PM

Is this going to be like the ole Bassmaster Classic where they don't tell us what ramp until the night before the tournament???
That way none of us can practice in that area!! LOL!!!!

emoBawl emoBawl emoBawl... emoDoh no prefish.... emoFish emoFish ................. emoGeezer emoUSA