BFL Story " You never know"

Pop-R

Back in 2010 I fished with a young guy in the super tournament where the top 25 move on to fish Sunday. I had went down with two friends to fish as Co-anglers and rented one of the cabins at Goose Pond. After day one I was in 7th place but my friends didn't make the cut and were headed home. The guy I fished with and his brother both made it and said they were going to get a motel instead of trying to drive back home and turn right back around the next morning. I told them they were welcome to stay at the cabin with me and there were hookups for their boats. We grabbed some dinner and settled in over at the cabin watching some ESPN and talking. They were telling me about their college fishing and different things. I guess the reason I invited them was because of the impression he had made on me that day fishing. I was impressed with his fishing and just him in general. I had kids close to his age. Turns out these young men were Matt & Jordan Lee. It has been neat to watch there careers progress through college and now up with the Bassmasters. Happy to see Jordan win the Bassmasters Championship this year.

It was September and Jordan was wearing out the Grass mats with the frog. I hadn't fished it before so I watched and he would give instructions but I gave up trying to match him with the frog and caught mine on a worm and soft swimbait around the mats while he put on a show with the frog.

You never know who you will be put in the boat with as a Co-angler. I know one of my bubbies got to fish with Randal Tharpe also. You can learn a lot watching and talking with those guys and they have all been helpful in sharing knowledge. Even when you see them later at different tournaments. I saw where Casey Martin fished one this year. I fish one every now and then but haven't done the whole series in a few years but hope to get back once the kids are done with their stuff. Most of you on the forum that I have met were at these tournaments because I do most of my fishing on the Hiwassee.

Boynton9

The BFL is a great way to get started working your way up or just becoming a better fishermen in general. Most of the top guys start there so you will never know who you get paired with as a co-angler.