Fishing Line...

Tight_Lines

Anyone who uses <u>Trilene Fishing Line, maybe specifically the low-vis. green, ever have any issues with knot strength??</u> just wondering. was out yesterday for a couple of hours and went to switch lures, but could never get a knot to hold. i must have tied about 15 knots and also used 4 different knots which all broke once i cinched them down to the ring on the crank bait. after the the first few times i thought maybe my line was bad, so i spooled off 20 feet, cut it and tested it for Tensile strength to which i could have pulled my finger off so i thought i was good from there. NOPE! i preceded to tie several more knots using multiple different ones, all of which broke after giving a "light" pull to test it!! i ended up leaving with frustration because i didnt want to lose a $7.00 crank bait. I think i am done with Trilene. SO i went and bought some P-Line and hopefully it will prove to be better. what other monofillament line is a good line?? Thanks in advance!</p>

Good Fishing to All
</p>

</p>

FishingwithRusty

not sure which knots you used but i use the double improved clinch exclusively for all kinds of line! as for mono, i still use CLEAR Big Game, its made by Trilene but i havent had any problems with knot breaking UNLESS i dont lube(spit on) the knot well enough when cinching it down.

i stay away from colored or pigmented lines as the pigmenting usually make the line stiffer, causing more line memory.

G

I use it all the time the best and strongest mono i have found are your sure it wasn't a issue with the eyelet of the lure

Hooker

Sure it wasn't your split ring? I use speed clips exclusively,,,never had any issues with trilene except for stretch

benchwarmer

I have had good luck with it as well. I don't fish mono a whole lot but I don't have any more trouble with it then i do the flourocarbon breaking.

Tight_Lines

I am throwing Rapala's Lipless crankbaits which yes do have split rings on them. i guess i just figured that it wasnt the lure since i am paying $7.00 a pop for each. If the problem persists, i will try tying directly to the eyelet of the lure!! thanks for everyone's input!
Tight lines to all!!