First time fishing chattanooga

Mhuff217

Hey guys, in addition to the introduction I just posted, I wanted to see if I could get any advice from you all for a fishing trip this weekend.

Lately we've been having a tough time fishing Tims Ford (my home lake) and are looking to try out some new water just for a temporary change of scenery. We are considering Nickajack, Guntersville, and Chickamauga. Chickamauga would add about an hour to our overall drive time on the day, while the other two are about the same.

All that to ask, if you were going to fish one of these tomorrow, which one would you pick and where would you drop the boat in?

I know this is a pretty simple question, but any additional info on any of the three lakes would be greatly appreciated. We've never fished any of these lakes and although we may only take on one of them tomorrow, I have no doubt that we will be giving each of them a shot sometime in the near future.

Fshn Cpa

Chickamauga is really crowded right now. If you want to wait in line for a spot to fish it probably works.
A lot more places to get away from the crowd on Guntersville. Go to Goose Pond, it is centrally located. I would hit North and South Sauty creeks along with Mink Creek. Also look for some main channel weed beds 8 to 12 feet deep

flyman

you cant go wrong with any of the 3, Chick i would put in at the Dam..that will save you some time, Nickajack I would put in at Marion County park and Guntersville I would put in at Mud Creek. these are the 3 ramps that get you on fishable water the quickest. all 3 fish similar this time of year.

Mhuff217

burnett1988 - 6/16/2017 9:28 AM

I would go to Gville, Just so our fish don't have to see another Lure. emoLaugh emoToast emoSorry

emoApplause haha good answer. Although I wouldn't worry to much about me getting into your fish. Tomorrow, we will concentrate on just getting the skunk off the boat for the first time in a couple tries emoScratch

Blue76

In your situation I would also say go to Guntersville... I think the fish at Guntersville are more predictable and you can get away from the huge cruisers that just go up and down the Chick all day all Saturdays... I would go to Goose Pond in Scottsboro which is about mid lake... nice ramp and nice people at the snack bar / bait shop. Easy place to stop and eat and get out of the heat in the middle of the day.

Chickamauga fishes small but is a great lake in the early spring, fall and winter but in the summer it is tough.... for me anyways.