Almost stalling in gear at idle

Ok so here is my issue.. I have a 97 Mariner 225 super mag.. Rebuilt by Mr Perry 5 yrs ago.. bored 5 of the 6 15 thousands and 1 30.. Broke in by Mr Perrys rules.. 10 full hours of break in.. Engine has run great until recently .. Found bad diaphram in vacuum fuel pump and had it replaced. Took boat of for a test run.. seemed to run good except at idle.. Would idle just fine, idle set at 900, but when I put it in gear its just doesnt sound right and seems like its going to stall.. If I give it any throttle at all its good.. and if I set idle at 1100 or so its good.. Boat comes out of hole just like always and runs about the same WOT... Took it back to shop that did the fuel pump repair and had compression and leak down tests done.. Found compression to be 140 on 1,2,3,4 and 6 and 135 on 5.. #5 has a 6-7% loss on leakdown test.. They are say that could be causing the problem.. I have other thoughts.. Any suggestions or thoughts??

Thanks

finbully

Have you checked your plugs and made - for sure - that the plug wires are snapped on to the plugs? You need to hear a definite click when you snap the plug wire on the plug.