Lights for Paddlecraft

rsimms

TWRA is working hard to spread the message that after sunset, lights are REQUIRED for paddlers - paddleboards, canoes or kayaks. Anybody here seen this law violated - or know any serious paddlers who may not know the law?

If so, share this with them: http://bit.ly/2tci4v8

Attachments

• cff_paddle_lights3.jpg
    cff_paddle_lights3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 241

Kirk

They definitely need some lights. I have seen some Kayaks right at daybreak that I could barely see. If they had some sort of light on it would have made it much easier.

Slant8

Very good reminder Richard. Around July last year we came pretty dang close to some paddle boarders outside of HB just before first light. Although each had tiny tiny tinnnnnny little led bulbs on their heads; I think we all got a few goose bumps from that short minute of our life!

benchwarmer

Sometimes it is hard to see another boat let alone a kayak or canoe and not so sure at day break or sundown you could see a kayak with lights very good anyway. A side veiw is not real hard to spot but if they are facing straight toward you very hard to pick them up in your sight. reflective strips would be good cause they work all the time.

Hook1

Something else I've seen is that a big line of yaks will paddle in a single file line. The only ones that had a light were in the very front and rear. No one in the middle had visible lights.

WaterLife

I was out by Chester Frost last Friday night and around 10:30 PM someone in a john boat went flying by me with no lights.