Introducing myself....

garhun

Greetings to all.
I have been a "shadow" forum member a couple of years now, but not posting for lack of anything helpful to contribute. I have been reading the posts of others as a part of my struggle to crack the code of " the Chick". My name is Gary Hunter, 63, and I have lived in Chattanooga for over 40 years. I am an electronic technician for the Postal Service, and started fishing in the mid 80's when a church friend took me on Lake Guntersville. Over the years I have owned a few bass boats, fished moderately, but do not consider myself a good bass fisherman yet. The last couple of years I have become more dedicated to learning what it takes to catch some bass here on my home lake. I will retire in a few years, and want fishing to be one of my hobbies that I share with my grandchildren when they are old enough. I have fond memories of taking my sons fishing when they were little. They have long since moved away and gone on to other interests, but we had some memorable times, as I'm sure many of you have had, or are having with your families. When I see a man out in the boat fishing with his little boy, I smile, remembering those days I had long ago with my little ones, and then sometimes hurt a little inside, wishing I could rewind to one of those precious times, and live it over again. Of course we can't do that, but maybe that's part of what grandchildren are for.
My current challenge is learning how to find bass on ledges. I've been at it for a year or two now without succeeding. I've studied and scanned a lot, but cant seem to put it together. I would invite someone, young or old, to go with me a time or two to teach me what they know of the process; not to show me your spots, mind you, but to teach me the how-to part. Even if we don't catch a fish, it would be worth a lot to spend some time with someone who would share their skill, and possibly make a new friend. I have a good boat with modern electronics, and live a mile from the 2 main boat ramps in Harrison. If this sounds interesting to you, please let me know. I'll pay for the gas and buy you lunch. Thanks for letting me introduce myself. I hope to be posting a fishing report some time on how I found a bunch of them on the ledges.

BulletTJ

Welcome and good to hear from you. Ledge fishing can be tough and there are several ways to catch them. Being at the right place at the right time is key.

Gator

Welcome!!!!
I am not a ledge fisherman but if I were you I would look at YouTube and fine some techniques of ledge fishing. Finding them on the ledges is first and YouTube should be helpful with that.