Livewell question

Gator

Anybody know how to deal with an aerator screen that came off. Should I just try to glue the screen back or replace the whole part that is glued into the bottom of the livewell? I don't think its threaded. Any ideas appreciated.

If I need someone to replace it whom would you suggest?

Attachments

• IMG_2547.JPG
    IMG_2547.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2546.JPG
    IMG_2546.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 289

Hook1

It's hard to tell in your picture but mine has a threaded piece that has the screen attached to it. If yours is the same way, it'd be easiest to just swap the whole thing out.

Gator

I don't think it's threaded. Wish it was as it would be easy. Mine looks like it's glued.

Hook1

Oh. Mine has a threaded nipple that the nut screws onto and the screen is attached to the nut. Maybe someone else can offer a better solution.

FishingwithRusty

probably not glue, most likely silicone. will unscrew from the back, have to remove the hose but you can get a new screen at any marine supply place. get some silicone to seal it when you get it back together, its not hard but if you done replace that screen you will ruin your pump.

Gator

You all are right. It does spin but isn't coming off. The thing just pops off with a screwdriver. Now to find one.
Thanks much!

Gator

The part I needed was not to be found anywhere around here. I did find what I needed in White Bluff Tennessee @ C & O Marine, telephone number 615-797-4760. They handle Stratos parts. If you have an older model Stratos you might want to keep this number.

Aries 181

Gator - 8/19/2017 6:17 PM

The part I needed was not to be found anywhere around here. I did find what I needed in White Bluff Tennessee telephone number 615-797-4760. They handle Stratos parts. If you have an older model Stratos you might want to keep this number.
Not hard to remember. C&O marine is one of the largest parts dealers in the country. If what I've read on bbc is true, they'll need a bigger warehouse as morris is killing the stratos line after this model year.

Bill