Wolftever

Bigrman

Goin to try my luck at wolftever.. any advice on crappie techniques to use... was gonna try pulling crankbaits.. be my first time there..

Bigrman

Thought someone would give a little advice but really disappointed had 224 views and no feed back.. bet if I said I caught a 9 lb bass it would have blown up...

Bigrman

Thought someone would give a little advice but really disappointed had 224 views and no feed back.. bet if I said I caught a 9 lb bass it would have blown up... wasn't askin for no secret spot or nothing just some advice..

porthos33

I never fish there, but have seen where boats just sit beside the bridge pilings. Drop a jig straight down and reel up slow or find where they are suspended by the bridge pilings. You can tie off there also ----When Drumking quit posting the crappie guys all just kinda seemed to not post much anymore.....Good luck!

canoefisher76

I posted something similar the other day with many views but only slabdog responded. I'm learning crappie fishing myself. Good luck

SlabDog

Bigrman - 7/19/2017 11:07 PM Thought someone would give a little advice but really disappointed had 224 views and no feed back.. bet if I said I caught a 9 lb bass it would have blown up... wasn't askin for no secret spot or nothing just some advice..
</p>

I know what you mean. I'll tell you a place I've caught crappie trolling quite often. I usually put in at the bridge and if you go up the creek and around the bends you'll come to a huge open area with an island on the right. If you look at that place on Google maps, it's called Rabbit Island. It's a great place for trolling with small crankbaits. You may have to let some line out, long lining I think they call it, to get them deep enough but it will work. Just put out a couple of rods and start around 12 feet and move out towards the creek with each pass, which will get deeper, until you find the depth they are holding at on that day. I just started doing that last year after finding some small CB's at Gander last summer. If I can't find a school of crappie with the depth finder I find a ledge about 15 to 20 feet deep and troll the edge the same way. I'm not the best crappie fisherman but I manage to keep my freezer stocked. I love fried crappie.</p>

Oh....the crappie do seem to run bit bigger with the crankbaits. You'll need some that run pretty deep this time of year.</p>

Gator

For the most part I've found crappie in the creek under docks and or around blow downs near the deeper water. Just fish those areas til you find some. I know people catch them under the bridge also. Good luck!

Rob Lee

I've limited out numerous times this year with minnows. I will also use BG baby shad and Bass Assassin tiny pro shad. Never fished wolftever because of congestion. Good luck.

Bigrman

Tks slab dog I went thu there back to the left around the swimming area up and down that bank shooting docks trolling and minnows but not a bite ..

Bigrman

Tks slab dog I went thu there back to the left around the swimming area up and down that bank shooting docks trolling and minnows but not a bite ..

SlabDog

My experience has been at best, 30% of docks I've tried hold crappie, if that many. It seems most docks don't hold crappie rather than the other way around for sure. I try new docks all the time and sometimes find a good one. No dock holds them all the time though. I've loaded up on a dock and went back a couple of days later and not get bit. I seem to do better on the deeper water docks that are lower to the water. Like maybe less than 4 feet. Later in the year when the water cools down I've caught them on the outside of docks on the shady side, but not with the water this warm. I've been finding some good schools lately on the ledges though, 15 to 20 feet deep. I just drop a marker when they show up on the sonar and go back and catch them. Some days it's easy, some days it's not. You can try minnows. I never fish with them myself. If they're there, they will usually bite plastics on a 16th oz jig.

Bigrman

Slabdog still learning how to use my electronics but gonn a try again but this time gonna do it at night n tks for the advice and maybe sometime you can teach the grasshopper the way lol