Mercury Optimax problem

hookem

I have a 115 Mercury Optimax 1.5 liter 3cyl. Was on the lake and all of sudden it just slowed to about 20 mph and sounded like it was running on 2 cyl. Got home put new plugs in it went back to the lake and ran like a brand new motor, ran around lake a little while and it acted up again. Got it home decided maybe a fuel issue, opened the drain on filter side of vst and gunk came out. Pulled filter and removed more trash at the bottom, checked fuel hose and it was seperating full of the gunk. Replaced hose and bulb took it to the lake still will not run wot. Wondered if any one had any suggestion as to what to try next. One guy ask if I had rebuilt the pulse pump I have not maybe trash in it not to sure what that pump and diaphragm does.

silvertalon

the Low pressure pump brings fuel from your tank to your VST. In the VST, the hi pressure pump, pumps fuel to the fuel rail where the injectors are. You probably need to clean out the low pressure pump and flush out the fuel rail. The injectors have filter screens as well that may need cleaning.

hookem

Thanks for the advice, I think I could clean the low side pump not sure about pullin. the fuel rail, maybe??