Stupid weather question

JEEPnFISH

How will the fishing be this weekend? A front tonight with fair skies Saturday and Sunday with more rain Sunday night.
I know the bite is better before a front but I was wondering about it being in between two fronts so close together.
Thanks for any input.

porthos33

It always seems better before the front, but I have had really good days after and in between them too. Just have to go figure them out

Mhuff217

I'm wondering the same thing. Heading down to Guntersville for the weekend and hoping to do better than we did here in middle tn last weekend. Someone please tell me its frog time :)

kornbread

This is the worst year I've had on the Big "G" since I started fishing. The lake is getting a ton of pressure. I usually do my best froggin' in September/October.

FishingwithRusty

this time of year i really dont think fronts affect things, the water is hot and a bit of weather isnt going to change it enough to make a difference. the cooler weather may help the shallow fishing but bright skies will put shallow fish tight to cover. the deep fish really dont care, its all about current and bait to them.

jb366

The only real effect I notice this time of year is if we get a big cold rain fish will stay shallow longer in the mornings and the cold water from the rain creates a thermocline for a little while afterwards.

Mhuff217

jb366 - 8/4/2017 11:17 AM

The only real effect I notice this time of year is if we get a big cold rain fish will stay shallow longer in the mornings and the cold water from the rain creates a thermocline for a little while afterwards.

This is pretty interesting, and something I hadn't really considered.

Strato-G

kornbread - 8/4/2017 9:31 AM

For me I like the day before or day after. I have done good during the front as well.

Me also, do not like to fish during the storms, just saying emoPoke emoPoke ................ emoGeezer emoUSA

Blue76

Well... with a front coming in I thought today might be a good day. Put in a HBSP and hit everything I knew both deep and shallow. I could see the fish on my electronics but could only get 8 or 9 small fish to play. No size. Maybe three keepers. All but one were deeper than 10' most were 14' plus.

So much for the before front bite... at least for me.

Greg