You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Click for Weather

Conservation Project
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2
   Fishing Conservation and Education

Posted by Jpull
10/11/2017 8:48 AM
I mostly fish solo and often use the Armstrong Road ramp and agree with other comments about limited parking and no courtesy dock. The biggest issue there for me lately though has been cars parked in the trailer parking area with no trailers. Don't know if they're fishing partners, dock workers or what, but they take up what little space is available. That combined with a load of gravel dumped in one parking space that's been there nearly all summer leaves room for only about 4 or 5 trailers on the ramp-side of the road. Is it just me or do some of the "dock repair companies" take advantage of public access ramps. I fish mostly during the week so don't know if this is a problem on weekends.

And the Holly Road ramp; great overall facility. Plenty of parking, clean and a safe place to leave your truck parked. But who on earth designed that boat ramp? I have to wade out to my knees to get my boat off the trailer summer and winter. Great for two people, sucks by yourself.

My 2 cents worth,
Posted by SlabDog
10/11/2017 10:20 AM

Jpull - 10/11/2017 9:48 AM I mostly fish solo and often use the Armstrong Road ramp and agree with other comments about limited parking and no courtesy dock. The biggest issue there for me lately though has been cars parked in the trailer parking area with no trailers. Don't know if they're fishing partners, dock workers or what, but they take up what little space is available. That combined with a load of gravel dumped in one parking space that's been there nearly all summer leaves room for only about 4 or 5 trailers on the ramp-side of the road. Is it just me or do some of the "dock repair companies" take advantage of public access ramps. I fish mostly during the week so don't know if this is a problem on weekends. And the Holly Road ramp; great overall facility. Plenty of parking, clean and a safe place to leave your truck parked. But who on earth designed that boat ramp? I have to wade out to my knees to get my boat off the trailer summer and winter. Great for two people, sucks by yourself. My 2 cents worth,

I agree about the Holly Road ramp. Somebody didn't have a clue. It's like they built it at the shallowest angle they could find. If it had been installed at the opposite end of the parking lot towards the point where the bank is steeper it would have been a great ramp. What a waste of money.

Posted by Allison2002
10/27/2017 4:32 PM
What about Skull Island boat ramp no dock there for boaters to tie to.It would be nice.
Posted by jonboatin
10/27/2017 10:28 PM
well IMO, any vessel, kayak, paddle board, bass boat, pontoon, or houseboat should be paying a fee for "access" to a specific fund to help maintain and build ramp and dock access.
Posted by JEEPnFISH
10/28/2017 8:03 AM
One place I know that does charge a launch fee is Kings Slough at Parksville. $3 .
Posted by fischnrod
10/28/2017 8:11 AM
jonboatin - 10/27/2017 11:28 PM

well IMO, any vessel, kayak, paddle board, bass boat, pontoon, or houseboat should be paying a fee for "access" to a specific fund to help maintain and build ramp and dock access.

We most likely do when we buy our fishing license
Posted by JEEPnFISH
10/28/2017 8:15 AM
$34 licence cost for state wide license is a lot, so you could be right. Next year I'm just getting the Hamilton county licence, I only fished outside the county once.
Posted by TOMMY 20RXD
10/28/2017 9:11 PM
It's not just the ramps, look at the boat docks they just suck. If you fish in the winter time try using the dock at Wolftever. This is one of the most used dock on Chickmauga Lake and the one at Harrison Bay sucks. Where is our money being spent?
Posted by camaro88z
10/28/2017 10:07 PM
I agree about Holly circle ramp. I don't agree to pay to use ramp. License fee and my tax dollars should cover that.
Posted by porthos33
10/31/2017 12:23 AM

JEEPnFISH - 10/28/2017 9:03 AM One place I know that does charge a launch fee is Kings Slough at Parksville. $3 .

All the ramps to Parksville are in the cherokee national forest and they all charge to park. 

Posted by silvertalon
12/1/2017 5:29 PM
About a year ago, or so, Hamilton Co received 20K in funding for park improvements. I continue to see barriers and skirting hanging from the docks and protruding out into the lake. Still no effort to fill in the ramp drop-offs for safe launching in low water. In 2016, they used to scrape the algae off the ramps with a blade/tractor, as this crap is slicker than Ice. I slipped and tore an ACL loading out in a CBA last year as, 2017 didn't warrant this important safety prevention- I guess due to funding? They had no problem with raising our county real taxes this year.
Posted by Aries 181
12/2/2017 1:29 AM
JEEPnFISH - 10/28/2017 9:15 AM

$34 licence cost for state wide license is a lot, so you could be right. Next year I'm just getting the Hamilton county licence, I only fished outside the county once.

You better read up on the county license before buying. Only worms and crickets (live bait) is legal. No other live bait or lures of any kind.

Bill

Edited by Aries 181 12/2/2017 1:41 AM
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser
Action Alarms DJs Electronics Keller Williams Realty Scenic City Fishing Piscifun Fishing Show & Expo Tenn. Fishing

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
December 2017
SMTWTFS
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9»
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo
2- 3# LM caught in cast net

"2- 3# LM caught in cast net"
Album: Labman's fishin trips

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2017 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software