Eclipse Bassin'!

silvertalon

HaHa, I knew I'd get you to click on this, lol. But really- I may go out on eclipse day and bring my welding mask with me. Maybe drag around a carolina rig or a top water during the eclipse and catch the worlds 1st eclipse bass. lol! A new state record would really be something!!!

Thought about the same thing myself. Unfortunately I will be out of town. Seems like a heck of a way to take it in imo. Enjoy your day on the lake.

Creedmoor

I was thinking about putting in at Cottonport and heading up towards Watts Bar to watch the eclipse.

Wonder what the traffic will be like?

porthos33

Good luck on the state record! I would be shocked b/c all the big guns I've caught lately are super skinny. Now if it fell on Februrary 13 you just might have a chance! Should be cool anyways. I know I'll be out there

Blue76

I also had thoughts of putting in either at Watts bar dam or around cotton port. How many hundred other folks are having the same thought? My luck would be that the river would be like the ocean from all the big boat traffic up there.

porthos33

I think its going to be nuts on the roads but hopefully everyone is going to try to get up on a ridge or mountain and just maybe forget about the water. (wishful thinking!)

tp44

The boat traffic has already started. A lot of big boats locked through this morning and headed for Piney River.

silvertalon

tp44 - 8/19/2017 10:49 PM

The boat traffic has already started. A lot of big boats locked through this morning and headed for Piney River.

On second thought, I may just stay home and step out of the house at 2:30 for a few mins!

porthos33 - 8/18/2017 2:09 PM

I think its going to be nuts on the roads but hopefully everyone is going to try to get up on a ridge or mountain and just maybe forget about the water. (wishful thinking!)

Ha I deliver for the post office. I'll be on my route when the eclipse happens trying not to get run over by some idiot

Gator

I have an eye doc appointment at 2:10 pm. I'm glad to miss the whole thing. I have no desire to risk my vision counting on a piece of plastic for protection. Just not worth the risk!

Captain Hazmat

I have never saw as many big boats on the water! The mouth of Soddy creek is an ocean!

VolsFan24

So how was the fishing? Epic or brutal?