Battery charger reccomendation

Rhino

I am thinking of upgrading my battery charger for my trolling motor from the Minn Kota 2 bank 5 amp to a 15 amp. I have also had the Duel Pro and have never had an issue with either. Is there a benefit in one vs the other? Whats the benefit of the new precision charging system on the Minn Kota? Thanks for your help

Oldman

duel pro i think is the best and i think they can be repaired.(most cant)

silvertalon

I think the M Kota is digital and is lightweight. Duel Pro work good but they never top off my batteries all the way. I always have to hook up my single charger to all 3 batteries one at a time and they all take 1-2 hours to top off. They all pull about 4 amps. I'd look for something light weight that will mount up high, IMO

Rhino

Thank you for the replies. Could i run the Stealth1 and the current Minn Kota together? I was thinking the Minn Kota could keep them topped off with a full charge? I have called Stealth1 and waiting for a return call. Sounds like an interesting product

bullet19

I'm not sure but I don't think you can but really you would have to have it to top off if you miss a couple of weeks between trips all you would do is couple hrs before going plug up because while you are fishing or running it's mataining the peak volts in all your batteries

kornbread

I have a Minn Kota 3300D and is acting up. Just out of warranty so go figure lol. I'm looking for a charger as well.

Mr. S

I just recently purchased a Genius GEN3, 30 amp 3 bank. Have yet to install it been nursing a sprained ankle... I read lots of reviews, and they have a excellent warranty

SMITH21XD300XS

Pm sent!!!

Rhino - 9/14/2017 9:09 AM

I am thinking of upgrading my battery charger for my trolling motor from the Minn Kota 2 bank 5 amp to a 15 amp. I have also had the Duel Pro and have never had an issue with either. Is there a benefit in one vs the other? Whats the benefit of the new precision charging system on the Minn Kota? Thanks for your help