What's up with NADA boat values?

TN-Shellback

Are they accurate? As any Bass Tracker I've looked at so far it doesn't seem so. Most are at least $2,000 over NADA if not $3k to $4k. I hear the same thing from each owner when I bring it up... mines real nice and they hold their value. I thought NADA should adjust for future value due to demand? Also, from what I've read the Bass Trackers are an economical boat lower on the quality scale than Lowe, Eagle, and others so if that information is true, why do sellers seem to think they're the gold standard?
Thanks!

TN-Shellback

Strato-G - 9/16/2017 3:26 PM

Simple, price it , listen to offers, sell it when you hear offer you like...thats the value

Sure, that's the value to a single person, the seller.

I was wondering if the NADA values are worth consideration as a buyer.

silvertalon

50 Grand will get you started. 80k for a new 521c with all the bells and whistles. Gotta pay to play. I'm working on getting my 16' Wachita with a 60 merc, ready for fall drawdown fishing. Bet I got less than 1.500 into it. But a lot of buyers now will hammer sellers with NADA prices to buy cheap. Can't go by NADA. Lots of nice boats are lightly used and garage kept.

TN-Shellback

Boat prices have went through the roof, in my opinion a bass boat of any kind is not worth 50 grand !!!
Well past what I would pay to get off the banks, but this is a 1st boat so I'm just trying to figure some things out. A boat may not even be worth the trouble to me, I don't know at this point. Even considered a Kayak rig. Paddled some whitewater in my day so they looked like fun.

50 Grand will get you started. 80k for a new 521c with all the bells and whistles. Gotta pay to play. I'm working on getting my 16' Wachita with a 60 merc, ready for fall drawdown fishing. Bet I got less than 1.500 into it. But a lot of buyers now will hammer sellers with NADA prices to buy cheap. Can't go by NADA. Lots of nice boats are lightly used and garage kept.
Don't think I'm understanding your reasoning on 'gotta pay to play' by 80k cost entry, then you mention only having $1500 in a boat?

My NADA question isn't to beat anyone up, but not to buy into a seller who is upside down on a boat and passing that on to me. I'm cash and done, but being a 1st boat I don't want to be taken for a ride on price so I'm trying to figure it out. Lots of boats have low hours but that actually can hurt the power train from what I've read. As such, I would rather have a used boat with 300hrs used monthly, as a 50hr boat used twice a year if I've understood the information available correctly.

From what I've seen NADA values are not cheap, but depreciated reasonably. It's a realistic expectation that a 2006 boat isn't worth 75% of an 11-12 year old purchase cost, but only 55%. I have seen the biggest discrepancy on Bass Trackers though which lead me to believe it was from being the top seller of aluminum boats? Of course from so many being constantly on the market you would think the prices would adjust? Especially since, as I mentioned, Lowe, G3, and others are considered a higher quality boat.

RRB32

Used boat prices are quite high these days, count yourself lucky if you find a boat for sale at NADA value.

TN-Shellback

RRB32 - 9/16/2017 9:55 PM

Used boat prices are quite high these days, count yourself lucky if you find a boat for sale at NADA value.

Makes sense. Haven't been in the market long enough to know. Although many glass boats have been at or close to NADA. Moving from Nashville was a change in market also. Thanks.