How's the bite on Chick?

Badbass Lures

Hey to all! I enjoy reading your reports and am very jealous I don't live a little closer so I could fish Chick more! I'm usually good for 3-4 trips per year and I was considering one this week. Before I burn a fishing pass with my wife, I was curious how it was fishing right now for you guys who routinely get out. I know September can be fickle and that the lake probably won't fish same for someone who will spend half their day trying to get acclimated and find fish, but thought I would ask anyway. I checked the reports and it seemed that most weren't posting so I thought I would throw it out here. Any info is appreciated!
Thanks and tight lines!

It was pretty lean for us this weekend. We're able to grub out a few in worms but that was about it. Saw some nice looking grass though. We were down near HBSP

SlabDog

I fished yesterday from daybreak until noon. Caught 3 slicks on top water along grass edges in the first hour, then nothing for about an hour. I threw shaky head and worm on points, drops and a couple of ledges. Then moved up on some flats and threw SB around some stumps, then rocky point for about 30 minutes, loaded up and headed home. Pretty tough day for me.

porthos33

<div>
</div>

silvertalon - 9/17/2017 8:16 PM You could always get lucky bite and catch an 11.41 like Gary did yesterday. Otherwise, it is tough right now.
</p>

</p>

Wow, that is a stud! Did he catch it in the CFF? </p>

</p>

Like the others said, it is pretty slow right now, but if you like white bass they seem to be in the jumps most days in the evenings. A lot of the better fish I have seen have been coming either really early or when the sun goes down on top water. Like Silvertalon said, you can always get lucky on chick.</p>

silvertalon

Hoping the next 10 days of E & N wind influence , the fish will stabilize and eat better. 5 days of N wind going into the next CFF. The fish gotta eat- right?

Zhouni

I fish for 4 hours today only got one bite in the grass. He's no bigger than the worm I was throwing.

Badbass Lures

Well, you guys have convinced me to save my pass and try again in a few weeks, lol. I know I could get lucky and hit a big un' on the head, but from what it sounds like she might not bite even then! Hopefully it will change before your next CFF. I'll check back in few weeks. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

jb366

Yea if you have the option to wait and come once it settles down into the fall pattern that's what I'd definitely do.

churly

east winds in September= crappy fishing. based on the tournament results the bite on the Chick is as tough right now as it has been in 10 years.

Badbass Lures

Funny how that east wind gives them lockjaw. Its been tough down my way too (Lanier/Allatoona area). Maybe it will make October that much better!

porthos33

Badbass Lures - 9/19/2017 8:24 PM Well, you guys have convinced me to save my pass and try again in a few weeks, lol. I know I could get lucky and hit a big un' on the head, but from what it sounds like she might not bite even then! Hopefully it will change before your next CFF. I'll check back in few weeks. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
</p>

Man it changed quick, Me and a buddy fished a little buddy TX monday. Ran to our first spot where he had got on some 2.5's to 3's the day before and some guys were right there. Well he went on in close to them and we got talking....they had caught over a 100 bass and they were still busting on the top Everywhere! We caught quite a few there also. No really big ones, but dang it's fun when it's like that. Just never know on this lake....One day you go home feel in like a zero and the next a hero!</p>

Badbass Lures

Lol, yeah if you need a left seater I'd be happy to go with you to that spot. Not going to lie, I'm about as good as it gets when it comes to backing down a trailer and helping out with gas. Lol

Badbass Lures

So.... Thinking about trying a day later this week was curious about what things were looking like now. I would guess it's improved from last month but it doesn't look like it's right yet from the reports, or lack there of. I think I'm about ready to try it anyway, lol. Just curious what you guys are seeing right now with the fish and if there is any sort of frog action anywhere?
Thanks again and take care!

jb366

You can catch fish on a frog, but you'll have to take a number to get in line at the mats. Better off pitching holes since they've seen every frog known to man multiple times a day.

FishingwithRusty

you can catch some on a frog but it has been slow, saving grace for me is that ive gotten one over 6lbs the last few times ive thrown a frog