Texas rig tip

porthos33

<div>
</div><div>So I love texas rigging brush hogs but I get pretty annoyed that the head of the bait constantly slips down the hook especially when skipping under things. </div>

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: proxima_nova_rgregular; font-size: 16px">To combat this problem, you can actually use a toothpick to keep the head of your bait connected firmly to the hook.</span>
<span style="color: #333333; font-family: proxima_nova_rgregular; font-size: 16px" /></p>

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: proxima_nova_rgregular; font-size: 16px">Here’s how you do it.</span>

<span style="color: #333333; font-family: proxima_nova_rgregular; font-size: 16px">Rig your Texas rig like you normally would. Slide the head of your soft plastic over the eye of the hook, covering it completely. Insert a toothpick into the head of your soft plastic, through the hook eye and out the other side of the soft plastic. Trim both ends of the toothpick so they’re completely concealed by the soft plastic. Save the remainder of the toothpick so you can repeat the process the next time you re-rig.</span></p>

If you guys do it any other ways or have any other tips, please chime in!</p>

</p>

Attachments

• toothpick-for-bass-fishing-texas-rig.jpg
    toothpick-for-bass-fishing-texas-rig.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 214

JohnnyG

A dab of super glue works as well. I keep some on hand always. Keeps my baits from slipping, getting damaged, so they last a little longer.