Weiss lake

Fhixon

Anybody know how the fishing is down there right now.
I am head down this weekend and looking for some advice.
Going down to take my father n law out for a trip
Just not fished there this year so any help or advice would be great thanks

Rob Lee

I think it's a matter of who you want to believe. Local economy depends on a positive fishing report. I'll go with the "occasional fisher" however, I would go anyway. Best of luck...let us know how you did.

Fhixon

We did ok caught alot of small fish nothing to brag about.
But as they say there is never a bad dad when your fishing.
I think the front last weekend and the wind kinda hurt us also

swin

Occasional fisher and I went Tuesday and completely different would have had 17lbs all on moving baits no real pattern just keep covering water

I think Weiss, just like a lot of lakes are about to get really good with water temps falling some and the shad moving back. Weiss can be hit or miss anytime, but it can be a lot of fun to fish once you figure out what they want.
Keep going as the fall continues, some great fishing as it cools is possible, but just be very careful Weiss is also as dangerous as any lake I have ever fished. Lots of shallow water, lots of logs, stumps and the like and the logs tend to move around a lot.
I grew up fishing it and running around the lake in a 18 foot boat and a jon boat. I am 46 now and I am still very wary of that lake because of all the things that can be floating in it at anytime. I have seen a small thunderstorm dislodge a 70 foot long tree from the river bank and in a day or two that thing is across the channel, and barely visable just floating on the surface.
It is and probably will always be my favorite lake to fish though, because most of the time when I am fishing it I feel like I am 12 years-old again.