wifi vs bluetooth

screwball

what is the difference between wifi and bluetooth? do they both do the same thing? I am wanting a pair of earphones to hear tv better.

rsimms

WiFi connects you outside to the entire World Wide Web.

Bluetooth only connects two (or more) electronic devices together for short range use. That would work for your earphones but only IF your TV or sound system is Bluetooth-compatible and whatever earphones or headphones you buy are also Bluetooth-compatible.

I use a set of headphones on my TV... but not via Bluetooth. The transmitter simply plugs into any audio output on your TV or sound system and transmits to headphones via low power RF (radio frequency).

I use these. They've worked well. http://amzn.to/2fQJSTB

screwball

Thanks. Looks like what I am looking for. This getting old thing isn't what its cracked up to be. When do the golden years begin.

richg99

I own two of the Sennheiser earphones. Great stuff. A friend had me buy another pair for him.

Marriage saver, we say. richg99

digitalcb

Bluetooth Hearing aids.
</p>

I know this is a really old thread but I just saw it. I hate earmuff style headphones, the make my ears and side of my head sweat.</p>

Bluetooth Hearing Aids are wonderful. Not only are they hearing aids they sync with your phone and let you talk hands free they even let your phone tune your hearing aids to your environment.</p>

Not for every budget but I get mine for free or else I wouldn't know about them.
</p>

</p>