Kentucky lake

on fish

Anybody have any info or heads up on the place... Never been,thanks

KYRick

Fishes a lot like the Chick, not sure about grass this year but I think it is there. Not many docks but lots of point/secondary points and bays. Great fishery.

Racefish

Swimbaits on the rocky main lake points north of Paris landing.

Generator

There is no grass on the whole lake to be found. It was all ripped loose a few winters ago by heavy water flow. The creeks had grass that spring but they raised the lake up and the muddy water killed that grass as well. Fish are on the main lake and scattered. But soon they will be moving into the crew

Fshn Cpa

Very big lake connects to Barkley by a canal near the dam. Wind and big cruisers can be a problem. A lot depends on where you are launching.

FishingwithRusty

fun place, lots of fish! as mentioned above the grass is gone. if youre putting in around the dam i would look hard at Barkley this time of year but dont know that id run from paris to barkley unless i just couldnt catch a fish in kentucky for some crazy reason. oh! and they love a buzzbait!!!!

gfpete01

I was just there a week and a half ago and as others said, it is at winter pool and there is 0 grass in the whole lake... The fish were in a strange mood when we were there. Probably because a few days before we arrived they had gotten a total of 4+ inches of rain lol. I thought they'd be in transition areas but they were mostly all in 2fow or less. There were none caught on the ledges even though we tried. I was told they hadn't been there since august but my graph was lighting up at the bottom of the ledge so I threw some ledge baits but no hits... Probably catfish haha - We decided to move to shallow water for the remainder of the trip after that. Despite the rain, areas off the main lake were still clear, backs of most creeks were stained to muddy so we stayed just off the main lake. We saw many 3+lb fish and one that appeared to be 6+lbs in 2fow or less. My dad thought it was a log and i was um no thats a fish! Lol But they were just cruising the banks... None of the really big fish in this particular area were doing anything. They wouldn't hit anything even though we could see em. If they were on beds like in the spring time, maybe we could have aggravated them into biting but no matter how soft we pitched our baits at them, they would take off. They were finicky to be sure. Best fishing we did was top water off main lake points that were wind blown. Also did well in stump fields off the main lake. We were below Paris landing. Nothing over 5lbs this trip though. Word of caution about KY lake, use your depth offset on your electronics and set your shallow shaded area to 12+fow.. There were areas on my Navionics chart that read 20fow on the chart but when sounding them, they were actually 5fow or less. Its a dangerous lake to run on at winter pool level if you don't know it well (which I don't know it super well). There are plenty of places to rip off your lower unit hahaha! Be careful and have fun!

Aries 181

on fish - 10/22/2017 11:01 PM

Admin can you delete this post or lock
Darren is 46th of 192 anglers after day one with 10.1 lbs. 50 anglers didn't weigh any fish. Bryan Thrift killed them with a monster bag of 27.6 lbs.

Bill