White bass at chick dam

Striper104

Ok for the last few weeks i havent caught a single one. The month before i could be out there around 7am and catch one on almost every cast. So my question is where have they gone?

Tight_Lines

i am with you! back in march and April i could catch one almost every cast. also the skip jacks/shad are no where to be found. i am bank fishing but i have practically thrown my whole tackle box at em and have lately caught nothing but a few spotted bass. the pattern of these fish have completely eluded and confused me!!

Tight_Lines

Also good to hear that there are other folks looking for them also!! i really enjoy catching them! especially on an ultra light!

Striper104

I use white foley spoons and swimbaits. The only fish being caught are walleye and small catfish. Does anyone know when fishing will pick up in general.

rhys42

I was out there yesterday afternoon and caught two white bass and a smallmouth around 3:00 using swimbaits (2" pearl red eye), but that was all the action I saw in about 4 hours. I was just casting out into the current and letting it drift a bit, then a slow retrieve. Saw a couple caught around the rail too; looked like they were using jigging spoons. Also noticed the complete absence of skips.

M GO BLUE

Striper104 - 10/19/2017 9:11 PM

I use white foley spoons and swimbaits. The only fish being caught are walleye and small catfish. Does anyone know when fishing will pick up in general.

You say 'Walleye' like its a bad thing!!!? Any size to them? How many you getting in to?

porthos33

Striper104 - 10/20/2017 9:29 PM Atleast 5 to 6 walleye are being caught each morning before day light. They range between 16 to 24 inches.
</p>

And you are sure they are walleye and not sauger?</p>

Tight_Lines

Striper104,
I stopped by the dam during my lunch break to see if anyone was fishing, and saw three guys fishing up against the wall. generators wide open warm water. each had buckets with them and one guy came by me with several NICE white bass (prob 2 lb a piece) in it! looked like they were throwing large buck tail spoons across the face of the dam from the railing there. i mean they were losing ALOT of gear but the each caught one while i was there. not sure how long they had been there but the one guy had a bucket of maybe 10. hope this helps!
good fishing!