Rabbit hunting

Bwilly1118

Anyone know of some good areas to hunt rabbits in Chattanooga area. Either Public land or WMA would work

Mr. S

The last place I went wabbit hunting was the lowland behind the East Ridge welcome center. Huge cane cutters in that area. I don't imagine you can hunt back there any longer. This was over 30 years ago...

Softbaitmaker

Around my area if it's not the Coyotes killing them off it's the construction companies building houses on beautiful old farms and killlin off the habitat so I have not rabbit hunted in many years but I do miss be abe to listen to my beagles on trail.

Softbaitmaker

I have a buddy that invited me to go with him over Christmas holidays. He has a week off and his father owns 500 acres to hunt with a lot of thick fence rows and some timber and he said we should be able to limit everyday. He has 3 beagles he has been hunting behind for about 5 years now so I jumped at the chance to go. I asked him what gauge gun he used and he uses a 20 gauge and I have a 4.10 Pump so should be good to go. It is the same gun I hunted behind my dogs years ago................ emoDance

FishingwithRusty

grew up doing a different kind of rabbit hunting out west, the first time i got to hunt with beagles out here was FREAKING awesome!!! it was soooooo cool to listen to the dogs on the trail.

FishingwithRusty

theres some tva land off of thatch rd in harrison that you can hunt but probably safer to wait till the deer hunters arent around. i see rabbits frequently as im driving to and from

churly

I’d love to take some beagles up to my KY farm, we are loaded with cotton tails.

Jnclark

Lower mill tract WMA had some brushy bottoms around the creek that I used to hunt with my dad. It’s right on the edge of Hixson and is better than what I thought it would be back when we hunted. There are a couple entrances so you might want to take a peek sometime when you have a spare minute to see the best path to work your beagles but you know how it can be hunting creek banks and losing the scent trail. Other than that, we always had a great time in Lynchburg just hunting peoples farms after asking for permission one weekend and going back the next.

Softbaitmaker

That is the main issue with trying to rabbit hunt these days is gianing permission to hunt. Most farmers have stopped allowing people to hunt their land for fear of being sued if some one gets hurt. People are sue crazy these days so I can't really blame the farmers. On the 500 acres my buddy has, he allows about 10 people to hunt it including family but everyone has to sign a wavier stating that if injured they will not sue him or any member of his family. It is not like it use to be with a hand shake and a thank you.

Softbaitmaker

Yea I know but that is how todays world works. My grnadfather did every deal with a handshake and never had any issues but those days are long gone and I don't know about most folks but I miss those days. I miss the days of driving down a country road and as your passing and on coming car your threw your hand up saying hi and blowing your horn at people sitting on their front porch and waving. Do that now and your liable to get shot.............JMHO

go blue

The Varner tract is good used to hunt that when it was private. I knew me Varner. A lot of good stuff there.

Bwilly1118

I’ve been going to the Varner track quite a bit for squirrels. Seen quite a few rabbit holes haven’t been able to find the rabbits much though