EHD

Tenncrapie

Our deer sighting are way down. Just wondered if anyone is seeing the same. Heard the report deer kill for the state is down 58% Have found 2 deer dead on our lease. Has anyone else found any?

Justfishin

I have heard that on some leases find sevral dead. I have herad more over on the chery branch area. Our lease up towards spring city we didnt find any

churly

It hits in pockets. Seems like east Tn to east Ky got hit hard this summer. Some places worse than others

lmk25

Tenncrapie - 11/12/2017 3:20 PM

Our deer sighting are way down. Just wondered if anyone is seeing the same. Heard the report deer kill for the state is down 58% Have found 2 deer dead on our lease. Has anyone else found any?

Cant say that I have noticed any change in the last 25 years. Ive seen more deer on stand this year than any other year. Just returned from western Kentucky today. I saw over a hundred deer in three days on and off the stand. Im sure The EHD knocked a few out everywhere, But as hunters im not sure it is that noticeable as of yet. The total state harvest is not down 58%.
Tennessee Archery only- 2016-total is 20,174
2017-total is 18,928
That makes for a 6.2% Decrease from last year

decaturbullet

Hunting off hwy 60 on a lease and last two years numbers have been way low and they are logging the pines out and the guys logging found a couple dead with no wounds! Use to see 15 to 20 deer regularly and last two years if you seen a couple you are doing good!!

M GO BLUE

Yep, we seem to be seeing a lot less this season as well...not sure if it has to do with disease or changing ag practices in the area, but we did find a mature doe in a field during last hay cutting that looked like she died a strange, painful death. She was laying dead in the center of ~10ft radius of beat-down grass, not a mark on her but a lot of blood coming from her nose/mouth area. First time I had seen anything like this with my own eyes

inthebox30lbs

The state is making a huge mistake allowing bag limits to remain considering a lot of the SE mountainous areas have never recovered from 07-08 EHD breakout.