Best Navionics Chips for Chick

Canecutter

Recently purchased a Lowrance HDS 12 gen 3. I have been running birds my whole life and am only accustomed to Lakemaster chips. What navionics chips give the best detail for Chick? I am not sure if I need to purchase the Navionics+ or the HotMaps platinum, or if there is even a difference for chickamauga between the two. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

silvertalon

In the event you fish below the Nick, be sure the card coverers the southeast states. I have the Platinum card I think but it won't cover Guntersville and down. Get the full eastern states card to cover it all. Navionics is very good however, Chickamauga in not an HD map like other large popular lakes.

richg99

Hmmmm, I just went through a discussion about the various Navionics offerings on the BBC site. On my Android phone, I have the Navionics Boating app. Costs between $5.00 and $15.00 per year. I don't remember exactly.

I asked if I should buy the "Chip" for my Humminbird 587 ci hd AND if that chip will give me better detail compared to my Navionics phone app. I was told that the phone app has the exact same data and presentation (other than size, obviously) as does the chip.

I decided to give the phone a more thorough workover. I bought an extended mount for my phone to bring it closer to my face. I am considering making a "shade" to give it more clarity in the sun.

Just FYI richg99

p.s. I am here in Houston TX. I have used the Nav.app on a Texas lake in the past week. I just dialed up Chick. I can see pretty fine depth readings in Harrison Bay on the same installed free map. FYI

bronzeback45

Navionics+ south region, now includes TN and AL together. $149 + tax and 100 a year to keep updated, and the phone and or tablet app is free with subscription.

Attachments

• Navionics south regions.png
    Navionics south regions.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 372

bronzeback45

C-map genesis which is free, and you can customize your on colors on your Lowrance.
http://www.genesismaps.com/SocialMap

Zoom in on map and you can download any lake you want.

Jabo

There isn't one! Nothing compares to Lakemaster on the Chick, or any lake that Lakemaster has in HD. Most guys that use Lowrance also have a Bird for just mapping

jb366

Jabo - 2/12/2018 2:29 AM

There isn't one! Nothing compares to Lakemaster on the Chick, or any lake that Lakemaster has in HD. Most guys that use Lowrance also have a Bird for just mapping

Yep. I've got navionics and lakemaster both in my units and most of the channel swings and ditches I fish that I found with lakemaster don't even show up on the navionics.