Line choice revisted....

Tight_Lines

So I went to academy tonight and bought some P-Line copolymer 8lb test for my ultra light set up. And then I came across another line.... Has anyone heard of... Well i think it's called WFT Ardent? It says it's a Monotex. Not a braid. I think They call it Gliss. Super thin. Dia. Thing I worry about with these lines is.. Will it eat through my eyelits after much use??? Think I paid like $14 for 150 yards. Any opinions or info on this line would be great! Thanks in advance!

Davo

I've got 40lb Gliss on my 3 spinning rods. Now, I don't use them a ton, but that line is super thin and I have not had a single problem yet.

Tight_Lines

Davo, I put 12 test on my medium action spinning reel last night. and have yet to try it out. was not sure if i needed a mono backing so went with the safe bet and did it anyway. the 12lb. (2lb dia) is a little tough to work with its thread like diameter... looking forward to seeing how it holds up...

Tight_Lines

TDobson,
I do like it, Absolutely NO memory! and can cast a really long way! very good load strength, and with the thin diameter you can put a ton of line on your reel. i would double up the line on what ever knot you use. the only thing i found is that it DOES NOT have good abrasion strength... meaning once you start seeing some wear or little abrasion hairs along the line, i would immediately cut it at the abrasion point and re-tie. other than that it seems to be pretty good. at least with the 12 lb. test.

jimwarden

I’m using Gliss 18lb on my spinning rods (couple seasons now) with a 3’ flouro or copolymer leader and love the way it casts. HiVis Yellow color makes it easy to watch the line. Transmits the feel like other braid and no stretch, so good hookups after your extremely long cast. Knots can be a challenge as it is so slick. Still experimenting with different knots. Doesn’t seem to be as durable as a multi-strand braid, but love that it has no noise going through guides. I end up cutting sections off if they start showing wear or roughness. It’s more susceptible to line twist than other braid so sometimes have an inline swivel to attach leader or swivel attached to lure. Have had better luck with it than I thought I would on my drop-shot setup. Thought the yellow line would scare the spots in that super clear water at Parksville, but not so much. Use a 8’ leader with the drop-shot. Academy has just had the Gliss clear (white) on sale for $9.99 for 150 yards, so I stocked up. It’s cheap at $14.99 for 150 yards compared to most braid.