scubajt41, Chick- Woltever Bridge NB Section 1, All, 1-9-18

scubajt41

Explored the most popular section of the bridge since nobody was there. TONS OF FISH. Dont get frustrated watching this video as there are simply too many fish to count. There is so much debris on this side. Fish are hugging shore and pillars, not in between. Lots of shad still and lots of dead shad. Fish were low again and visibility was greatly reduced compared to Monday. Water temps are climbing and fish are coming off the bottom. Had trouble finding the termocline today but fish are both above and below it. fish are tight to structures still as well. Temp was 48F. No monsters but lots of good keepers. Will do rest of bridge when i get time.

https://youtu.be/R7pEejZ8uDI

silvertalon

Nice report. BTW, there is no thermocline after the fall turn-over. , because of the current in TN river, a thermocline seldom ever sets up except for in slack water areas, A season with little or no flow will also be the exception. I've discussed this in detail with Mark Rose and some other deep structure spoon fishermen. Also, Modern locators have a thermocline mode which only detects temperature inversions by the density of the water. These changes exist year round but in winter, shallow and surface water can be just as cold as deeper water.

Hooknjaw

I rode past as you were making this video didn't think I would be able to see it . Awesome video . It is cool to see what's under the old wolftever bridge . ??

scubajt41

Hooknjaw - 1/10/2018 8:09 PM

I rode past as you were making this video didn't think I would be able to see it . Awesome video . It is cool to see what's under the old wolftever bridge . ??

Nice of you to be social. Lol

need to see your operation somethime, Great work!!

scubajt41

silvertalon - 1/10/2018 7:27 PM

Nice report. BTW, there is no thermocline after the fall turn-over. , because of the current in TN river, a thermocline seldom ever sets up except for in slack water areas, A season with little or no flow will also be the exception. I've discussed this in detail with Mark Rose and some other deep structure spoon fishermen. Also, Modern locators have a thermocline mode which only detects temperature inversions by the density of the water. These changes exist year round but in winter, shallow and surface water can be just as cold as deeper water.

You are correct. Harrison bay is a great example. Monday there was a clear one and I even had some good video going through it. I think the rain disturbed it as it was difficult to find. There is little to no current out there right now

Gator

I really enjoy your videos also. Thanks!

silvertalon

Nice footage. Thanks for your efforts. I think I saw my 3J jiggin spoon down there, lol. There's only a few left in existence.