TESTING INFLATABLES

fischnrod

Since it cost so much for some rearm kits I was wondering if : THERE IS ANYBODY WHO TESTS INFLATABLE PFD'S ? The rearm kit for mine was around 70 bucks the last time I had to replace it.

porthos33

I used to wonder the same thing but I do know mine works. It has gotten wet three times and blown up from getting wet. But the good thing is, I know it works. I can usually find rearming kit on sale for around 15 bucks and they retail for 20 bucks. You can find the kit at academy. Onyx A/M-24 Automatic/Manual Inflatable

churly

Just buy a foam jacket. They ar cheaper and are floating before you hit the water. I was gonna buy one last year and noticed all of the inflatables at cabelas and academy were on “Red” meaning they needed the CO2 cartridge replaced before you even got to use them. I’ll stick with old school and not worry about it

fishheadjones

I have two manual models that I bought almost twenty years ago. Curiosity got the better of me and tested them. Worked just like they should. Took some research to find the rearming kits but found them on go2marine.com for less than $30 total including shipping. Had not used them much, but promised the wife we would wear them every time out from now on.

FirstLight

churly - 1/14/2018 9:59 AM

Just buy a foam jacket. They ar cheaper and are floating before you hit the water. I was gonna buy one last year and noticed all of the inflatables at cabelas and academy were on “Red” meaning they needed the CO2 cartridge replaced before you even got to use them. I’ll stick with old school and not worry about it
Me too....