chattanooga boat and sport show

FishingwithRusty

who's going? i wasnt aware there was a chattanooga show until last week.

fischnrod

It's been mostly big ole boats the last few years with a bass boat or 2 throwed in the mix with a 70,000 price tag

Mikie9

I went last year. Good if you are looking for a pontoon boat but useless for anything fishing related.

FishingwithRusty

hmmmmmm, that doesnt sound very good

finbully

It's an economic choice. It costs big $ for a dealer to attend. And since we bass fishers are the smartest boaters, we'd rather shop at the local shops than pay the premium that a dealer would need to add to recover show costs.

Blue76

A few years ago there were several boat dealers there... Freedom Marine brought a few Phoenix boats up from Alabama... Now that Moses sells Phoenix that probably will not happen. I spoke with Boats and motors of Dalton and they are not having a booth this year.... They sell Legend and Skeeter... I imagine Island Cove probably will and maybe Moses and Dalton Marine.

I went last year. They had some fiberglass bass boats. Triton, Pheonix, Nitro, Skeeter, etc. Also some aluminum boats. Xpress, Lowe, G3. But it's more geared towards the pontoon, pleasure, and wake/ski boats. I'm not sure if I'm going this year.

Kickerfish

Has Chattanooga ever had anything similar to the East Tennessee fishing show? I feel like there should be something of the sort around here.

churly

Back in the good ole days, we used to have a decent one.

FirstLight

Blue76 - 2/1/2018 8:37 PM

Did anyone go today and want to give a report?
I went today and walked around for about an hour or so. I enjoyed it. But like someone mentioned above, about last year, same this year, there were some bass boats center consoles and aluminum fishing boats, but it is more geared towards the pleasurecraft than the fishing boats.

And only one booth with some tackle.

Buoy-Master

Its the same year after year. I spoke with a few customers and yea, turn out sucked and they are considering not coming back next year.

Today's industry is a "go big or go home" deal anymore. 100,000 dollar pontoons and 200, 000 ski boats. Unreal but they sell. Growth for years now has been in 3 areas. Ski, Aluminum and Pontoons. Pontoons with the highest growth.

Now, I will tell you, if your looking to buy anything that is made with aluminum, you better do it before the 2019 models!!! Aluminum is set to double and primed to triple. Steel sheets are slowing rising also. This effects trailers quite nicely. Ugh.

But as for the Chattanooga Show, it is what it is and wont get better unless dealers can get NMMA to sanction the show. Its more or less a private deal and they were scrambling to fill spaces at the last minute. I only spoke to 2 dealers that were doing ok. Tims Ford and Moses Marine. The rest seemed "not so happy"

fischnrod

FirstLight - 2/2/2018 4:26 PM

I went today and walked around for about an hour or so. I enjoyed it. But like someone mentioned above, about last year, same this year, there were some bass boats center consoles and aluminum fishing boats, but it is more geared towards the pleasurecraft than the fishing boats.

Who had the tackle booth, we need to buy from them for showing up.

FirstLight

fischnrod - 2/8/2018 8:04 PM

FirstLight - 2/2/2018 4:26 PM

Who had the tackle booth, we need to buy from them for showing up.

I hate to say, i do not remember the name of the booth. He had a good selection of Lucky Craft jerks, cranks, & topwaters. I bought 3 square bills from him. Also bought a yumbrella rig from him too.