You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Click for Weather

Best flouro to throw
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by FirstLight
2/13/2018 2:22 PM
Sunline FC Sniper is my go to. A buddy did give me some 15lb Seagar invizx to try last year and I liked it too. But if I'm buying I go with the Sniper.
Posted by occasionalfisher
2/13/2018 6:56 PM
Invisx did have some bad spools get out a few years ago. My dad got a few of them, but it has always been the most consistent for me. I was never much of a fan of the Sunline floro until I used the Assassian. I had tried their cranking FC and it was total garbage, I put it on one day, sprayed it down with Reel Magic, next day it looked and casted like 4 year-old backing mono. Was the worst line memory I have ever seen that fast. But last summer I needed some 12 lb floro and the store where I normally buy it was out of Invisx, so I tried the Sunline and really like it for moving baits.
I have also had good luck with P-Line Halo, but it has terrible memory after a pretty short time. The P-line Tactical stuff is ok, have used it for spinnerbaits and chatterbaits, but if you get a backlash in it, and it gets a kink, that stuff is then trashed.
I have used the Tatsu in 12 and 10 lb sizes and it is pretty good stuff, but not worth the price, I got those two spools in a big discount, and still use the 10 lb for leaders for shakey heads.
Posted by pety221
2/13/2018 8:43 PM
segaur invisx or red label
have broke too much sunline n k9 couldnt stand the pressure on hook set
Posted by Simpl3Man2014
2/13/2018 10:27 PM
Carl - 2/5/2018 8:41 AM

you asked for best....Tatsu $$$$$$. If cost is not an issue. I switched to FC sniper last year and love it.

This guy got me into using K9. I only used it a little bit last season, but I haven’t had any problems with it. Sensitivity is good too
Posted by camaro88z
2/13/2018 11:18 PM
Seaguar Invisx is my go to. Love it. Have thrown many. Still do others from time to time.
Posted by hoop235
2/15/2018 8:14 AM
Any of you guys throw the Invisx on a spinning rod? The last time I tried fluro on spinning rod a few years back, things didn't go so well.
Posted by Simpl3Man2014
2/15/2018 8:41 AM
hoop235 - 2/15/2018 8:14 AM

Any of you guys throw the Invisx on a spinning rod? The last time I tried fluro on spinning rod a few years back, things didn't go so well.

I haven’t tried invisx, but I have tried other fluoro lines on spinning gear and I achieved the same results as you. I mainly use braid in my spinning gear now and it works well. In most applications I’m using 10# Sufix 832.
Posted by camaro88z
2/15/2018 9:39 AM
Spinning I have used Invisx 8 lb. But spinning I normally use pline fluroclear 12lb. Works well for me.
Posted by hoop235
2/15/2018 4:04 PM
camaro88z - 2/15/2018 10:39 AM

Spinning I have used Invisx 8 lb. But spinning I normally use pline fluroclear 12lb. Works well for me.

Thanks guys,
I've had someone else recommend the Pline also so I may give it a try.
Posted by danrnsmyth
2/15/2018 4:15 PM
I too have had some issues with using fluro on a spinning reel and what I found is that it does have some considerable memory and I always tried to make sure I closed the bail with my hand, and stretch it out before a trip and let it trail behind the boat at the start of a trip and finally I would pull some out in the garage before the trip and put a bullet weight on the end and hang it over a nail and leave it overnight. Otherwise it seemed like I ended up respooling more often than I think I should have to.
Posted by porthos33
2/16/2018 7:50 PM

danrnsmyth - 2/15/2018 5:15 PM I too have had some issues with using fluro on a spinning reel and what I found is that it does have some considerable memory and I always tried to make sure I closed the bail with my hand, and stretch it out before a trip and let it trail behind the boat at the start of a trip and finally I would pull some out in the garage before the trip and put a bullet weight on the end and hang it over a nail and leave it overnight. Otherwise it seemed like I ended up respooling more often than I think I should have to.

Best thing you could ever do for that is just spool up some slick power pro 20-30 lb test and connect about a ten foot leader with a crazy alberto knot.  I've been testing this knot and it is the deal!  I had a good test when I caught 2 striper over 15 lbs on 6lb flouro leader to braid a couple weeks back. It was intense trying to battle that thing around cover, current and structure.  I got both in and one was a 40 minute fight.  That knot passes through my line like butter.

Posted by danrnsmyth
2/16/2018 9:07 PM
I will try it, thanks
Posted by B-ass assasin
2/17/2018 8:39 PM
Cabelas brand is made by sunline. I’m liking it pretty well.
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser
Action Alarms DJs Electronics Keller Williams Realty Scenic City Fishing Piscifun Tenn. Fishing

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
February 2018
SMTWTFS
        1 2 3»
4 5 6 7 8 9 10»
11» 12 13 14 15 16 17»
18 19 20 21 22 23 24»
25» 26 27 28      

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)
Feb 24 CRAPPIE TOURNAMENT
Feb 25 Dream chasers open tournament
Mar 3 CATCH
Mar 3 CRAPPIE TOURNAMENT
Mar 4 Chatt Crappie Club Classic

Advertiser

Random Photo

Album: Beautiful Parksville Bass & Scenery

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2018 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software