looking for skipjack!

deerhunter3

I am in need of some skipjack,has anyone fished at Kingston steam plant lately. I have never fished there before, but heard it was a good place.

vhype

Warm water discharge is no longer hot but just 2 degrees warmer that the Clinch. Current may draw some shad if the clinch is not running. Look on mud flats that are in full sun all day with not current maybe a better option.

RRB32

Is it just me or are there not many skipjack around anymore? I remember when I was a kid, it seems like you caught them everywhere and all times of the year.. now not so much.

deerhunter3

Thanks SpurHunter,I am thinking about taking a trip up to Cumberland city,looks to be my best bet.where is black widow ?

porthos33

Yeah I wish I had some myself. I need to get about 10 of them vac sealed up in the freezer for when I take kids catfishing. They are alot of fun to catch.

SpurHunter

deerhunter3 - 2/7/2018 11:33 AM

Thanks SpurHunter,I am thinking about taking a trip up to Cumberland city,looks to be my best bet.where is black widow ?

Sorry, I call it Black Widow, its real name is Widows Creek, Stevenson Al. Its a boat-only option FYI. I call it Black wodow because I went there in the summer once and the water is so hot I swore it could make widows if a man fell in.