Any suggestions?

Johna

When running my outboard 3500 rpms or more it shuts down just for a second, rpms drop then it runs good for a few seconds and does it again and again. Don't know if it's a fuel problem or electrical. Any suggestions on what to look for? thanks

Johna

It's a 93 25hp evinrude that has no hours to speak of. All gas lines have been replaced from tank to engine.

def sounds like a fuel flow problem. did you replace filters and diaphragm when you replaced the lines? sometimes fuel systems have multiple filters - one on the block, one in-line, and one at the tank. be sure to check'em all.

I'd be less concerned about the hours and more so about the age. time will do a number on rubber components (like lines and the diaphragm).

Johna

When I purchased the boat I took it to the shop for service since it had barely been used. He rebuit carb, replaced fuel bulb and lines. He pulled the sending unit from the tank and the screen or filter on the end had been removed. He installed a new one. Someone removed it for a reason I'm sure, just wondered if this is the problem

Thomn8r

It really sounds like a pinhole in the fuel system. Wipe everything dry then try pumping the primer bulb until it’s really firm. The Leak should show itself. Pay special attention to the bulb and all clamped connections.Each connection should have screw clamps or nylon ties securely affixed. This sounds just like a bulb problem I had on a Mercury portable tank years ago.