Fishing Pliers

Innaaa

I used to remove hook by hands until i got one treble hook embedded in my thumb last fishing trip. It was really tough for me to get it out. And i decide to buy fishing pliers instead of removing it by hands.
Any recommendation for fishing pliers? Thanks in advance.

Carl

read up on using string to remove the hook. would be hard to do by your self, but it does much less damage and less painful. A pair of side cutters would be usefuel as well.

fischnrod

Dollar tree has needle nose pliers and since they cost a dollar you can toss en and get another pair when they get rusty if you don't want to clean em up

Blue76

I have all sorts of expensive pliers but only use a set of Kobalt needle nose and end cutters I got at Lowes for $9.00 as a set around Christmas three years ago.

kevo615

Any old needle nose plier will be fine. I bought a cheap one from Academy. Now, if you want to spend some money, though... the Buck knife Splizzors are very nice. My fiance' bought me one for Christmas a couple years ago, the scissor cut braid like butter, and the pliers lock in when you need a good grip on a hook.

lmk25

Watched my father pull a treble hook from his forearm, he wrapped the line around it lit a cigarette and grabbed a pair of pliers and yanked. I'm sure channel locks or vice grips will do it

Innaaa

Thanks for the tips.
I've seen how to remove fish hook by using fishing line before i actually got one. What shows in picture makes it look a lot easier and less pain than it actually is. emoBang

Simpl3Man2014

I used to buy whatever trendy pliers I could find at Bass Pro or whatever. You know the ones, the KVD specials lol. Anywho, after losing those repeatedly in the water, I have a pair of just regular needle nose pliers my dad got from a hardware store a couple of years ago for Christmas. They’re a little rusted but they get the job done. Point is, there are much better things to spend money on for fishing

PH_Fishing018

P-Line makes a nice fishing plier made with aluminum so you don't have to worry about them rusting after sitting in the boat. Also have a tungsten carbide cutter on them which will cut through braid and other line no problem

+1 on Lowe's needle nose for the routine hook removal stuff. I also keep a pair of hemostats on board for those instances when the fish take the bait deep. Finally, I keep a pair of split ring pliers to help w/ changing out trebles, blades, etc.

I tried the Splissors (sp?). They cut fluoro and mono OK but weren't as effective on braid. The split ring function is solid. The pliers part was a little lacking IMHO.