Lake Level Jump Next 48 Hrs...

silvertalon

TVA website predictions show in the next 48 hrs, a jump and fall of 1 1/2 feet. Looks to me like they are dumping Watts Bar while continuing to pull 88K from the Chick. Watch for floating debris in the current. Better yet, pull up the webpage and monitor the hourly flow and midnight elevations.

Tn bullet

Why do you think tva has set all time low for the chick! Plenty of room and winter pool for flood control! Maybe they are trying to ensure they kill all the grass that they started killing last year the lake has been so good to let tva kill it so quick

FishingwithRusty

Tn bullet - 2/26/2018 1:11 PM

Why do you think tva has set all time low for the chick! Plenty of room and winter pool for flood control! Maybe they are trying to ensure they kill all the grass that they started killing last year the lake has been so good to let tva kill it so quick

thats funny that you mention the grass because these are exactly the conditions (low water and high flow) that are attributed to messing up the grass on kentucky lake a few years ago. this should pretty much make sure there will be little to no grass on the main lake

Tn bullet

Everyone last year made every excuse in the book it was the weather the water temp the water clarity the flow but what I questioned was as soon as you got above why 60 it was everywhere guess dayton had different weather than main lake

Oldman

maybe it is to let dayton boat dock do the dredging that they are suppose to do.i know they do have their permit.

fischnrod

It's fairly normal, I've lived here close to the lake all my life and it always does this .It has done this for the last 55 years that I can remember

churly

Ive pulled up green grass already. there's not a lot, but enough to start it going. Ive seen years the the water got almost this low and had plenty of grass. The key to the grass coming back is not having a wet spring. Clear, warm water that allows the light to hit the bottom is key. we didn't hit 80 degree water temps till july last year. Ive seen strands of live hydrilla and milfoil floating down the river in the past few days so its thriving somewhere, and if you understand the biology of hydrilla it takes very little to get going. Pray for a drought if you want grass. The ROS system that controls all of the dams on the TN river corrects for weather and power production, not grass or dredging. They can dredge at full pool if they want to BTW

jb366

What gets me is ky lake and everything west of here is at flood stage and they're still dumping as fast as they can to them. Why not hold some.
Also, I know where there's a bunch of live grass right now

porthos33

Tn bullet - 2/26/2018 1:11 PM Why do you think tva has set all time low for the chick! Plenty of room and winter pool for flood control! Maybe they are trying to ensure they kill all the grass that they started killing last year the lake has been so good to let tva kill it so quick
</p>

Nah it's not the all time low, but its low. January 9th 2014 was lower.</p>

grayson_garrett

I will say this, I found some healthy grass on Sunday, makes my heart warm! Last year my style of fishing took a hit as all the grass was sparse. I got excited yesterday pulling in green grass and a few fish(very shallow) I pray that TVA and the City of Chattanooga understand the economic impact the fishing community add to the local economy and our pure enjoyment of an amazing resource!

silvertalon

Economy and enjoyment are not on the list. Just like the Army Corp waterways, TVA 's concerns are; Flood control- power generation- conservation. In that order. Its just the way it is.

hoop235

jb366 - 2/26/2018 7:20 PM

What gets me is ky lake and everything west of here is at flood stage and they're still dumping as fast as they can to them. Why not hold some.
Also, I know where there's a bunch of live grass right now

I'll agree with this about holding some of the water to give west TN a break. Doesn't make sense?