Local Union to Replace Dock at Wolftever Boat Ramp

rsimms

Are you one of the thousands of fishermen and boaters who struggle getting in and out of your boat at the Wolftever Creek Launch Ramp? You'll be happy to hear a plan is in the works to replace the pitiful, dilapidated little pier and you might be shocked when you read who is spearheading the effort: http://bit.ly/2EXZ20p

Attachments

• wolf_ramp.jpg
    wolf_ramp.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 232

rodbuilder2

Wonderful Ideal been needing Repairs for Years

that's great. That ramp gets so much use you have to avoid it in the summer time if you're fishing solo cause you just can't get to enough of that small dock to tie your boat off while you go get the truck and forget about using it at winter pool unless you have a super shallow draft boat.

Gator

If they want volunteer help I’m in.

hoop235

Great news as this was a much needed upgrade. I wonder if they could take the old dock and move it to the Skull Island ramp?? That ramp needs a small dock really bad, just a thought.

hoop235 - 2/28/2018 8:37 AM

Great news as this was a much needed upgrade. I wonder if they could take the old dock and move it to the Skull Island ramp?? That ramp needs a small dock really bad, just a thought.

that would be awesome. Not too bad a skull island with a partner but difficult if you are by yourself.

porthos33

Good deal! They were installing a dock at agency creek campground yesterday while I was putting new bunks on my trailer.

Muskrat

I hope you don't mind me adding a pic to your thread Richard but when I shared this a couple of years ago you said...Dang ! What happened ? emoScratch emoLaugh That's what I would like to know ? This photo is a little fuzzy but this is what the pier looked like June 10, 1952. As you can see it's large and long and extended well out into the creek. It looks more modern than the one that is there now. It would be nice if the new one was similar to the one almost...70 years ago !

Attachments

• Wolftever Creek boat dock... June 10, 1952.jpg
    Wolftever Creek boat dock... June 10, 1952.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 303